Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Friday, July 1, 2011

Fireworks

Happy Independence Day week-end! It's been 235 years since our country was founded and the most popular American fourth of July tradition is fireworks. Many of us gather around to see shows from the ground, but have you ever wondered what fireworks look like from an airplane? I imagined bright bouquets of color filling up the window, but that's not it at all.

Years ago, my husband pointed out the window of an airplane and said, "Look. Fireworks."

"Where?" I asked.

After scanning the skies, I finally spotted a quarter shaped explosion, followed by several other mini light displays. Sure, it was cool but not what I expected. In reality, planes fly much higher than exploding fireworks, so just like everything else from above, the light display shrunk.

Even with today's technology, I've never seen a film or still photo that captures the true beauty of fireworks, but here's a short clip which I enjoyed.


4 comments:

Erin O'Riordan said...

Happy Independence Day - enjoy the weekend!

Shana said...

Happy 4th! I am your newest follower from the Tailspin Blog & Social Media Hop. Would love a visit and a follow back: blog.writerslairbooks.com. Thanks!

Arlee Bird said...

Actually I have seen fireworks from a plane and you are right about that sense of far-off smallness. Years ago, when I first moved to the L.A. area, I used to work in a warehouse that had a roof access. Every 4th for several years my kids and I would take food and drinks up to the roof and watch all the fireworks displays from our town and the surrounding towns. It was cool. The local display was loud and big, but far off and all around us we could also see displays at varying distances. It was a fun time.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Rhonda Albom said...

There are only fireworks in New Zealand on Guy Fawlks Day - Nov. 5. Pretty cool.