Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wordless Wednesday: Kennedy Space Center

Having a "blast" in Orlando! We're here for our daughter's college orientation. We arrived a few days early so we could play tourist. I even rode on a shuttle blast off simulation ride. For someone who hates motion and likes to keep her feet on the ground, this was big!

Here are some vacation pics.

Mitchell and Me Being Spacey.
   


Erica and Mitchell having a Blast


As Erica sets out for the new world of college, she is a true "Explorer."

"To infinity and beyond!" 
~Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger

If you like this post, push the fence button or http://picketfenceblogs.com/vote/3715 to vote for my blog. Thanks!

19 comments:

Jenn said...

Great pictures!! Have fun at orientation!!

Catch My Words said...

Thanks, Jenn. I should go to sleep so I can get up for it tomorrow.

Marta said...

Did you get to see the final launch???

Mika said...

awesome!!! visiting space HQ in Florida or Texas is something I'd be doing hopefully soon.

PippaD said...

Great pictures and good luck to your daughter!

Deb @ Focused on the Magic said...

Great pics! Good luck and best wishes for your daughter. My son went to USF. We would visit the KSC while in FL visiting him. It's amazing. This week I posted a pic from the Atlantis shuttle and a video from the launch.
Stop by

Deb @ The Disney Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop

Rhonda @Laugh Quotes said...

Glad you are having a great time, my spacey friend :) Happy WW.

Langley Cornwell said...

Great pix. It does look like you guys are having a 'blast.' Happy Wordless Wednesday.
Hearts in Fur Coats

Kristin Aquariann said...

Very fun! Cute family adventure. ^.^

-:¦:- WW: Cat Nap -:¦:-

Susie Kline said...

Looks like a great time!

xo Susie

M Pax said...

You know I'm very jealous right now. :D Looks like you're having a blast.

Binky said...

The best place on earth! I guess you were a little late to stowaway on the last shuttle, but maybe there's a rocket you could take. . .

Tracie Nall said...

Great pictures...and I love your captions. Very fun! =)

Rachel Joy said...

Wow, so cool that your daughter's orientation was in outer space =)I love Orlando...

THE SNEE said...

Hi Joyce,

I have a daughter who goes to school in Florida too! We go to Orlando with our 11 year old when we go to visit her. Unfortunately for us....Disney seems to get all the attention!

Arlee Bird said...

Sounds like fun! I guess I haven't been to Central Florida in about 30 years. Maybe it's time to go back.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Catch My Words said...

Thanks to all for the comments. We just got home today and I have a lot of catching up to do on my blog reading. I never got to see the final launch, or any launch for that matter, which is sad. I'm glad we got to see the space center, but if I knew then what I know now, I would have spent the day at the beach and gone sometime in the next four years. That place is expensive, and we now can get $20 off each ticket with our daughter's UCF ID.

Good Girl Gone Green said...

Good luck to erica on her new adventures! Happy belated WW!
Stephanie~Good Girl Gone Green

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Very cool! I was there many, many years ago.