Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, January 29, 2012

#GBE2: What's Funny about Lunesta Commercials? Plenty!


I'm ready to tell you my secret... 
I see glowing green butterflies.

I just saw a commercial for Lunesta, a drug to help one sleep. Its first nineteen seconds tells the consumer what the drug does, while most of the remaining airtime lists the multiple side effects that could occur.

For those who have not seen it, here it is:


"Walking, eating, driving or engaging in other activities while asleep without remembering it the next day have been reported."

Sounds like the movie Werewolves of London when the dude went out for nightly kills without remembering a thing the next morning. "I'm innocent by reason of Lunesta, Occifer."

"Abnormal behaviors may include aggressiveness, agitation, hallucinations, or confusion."

Yeah! You might imagine you see a green butterfly floating over your head; or if you take the drug, aggressiveness could cause you to fight and have someone knock you out. Voila, you're asleep... or maybe you just thought it happened?

"In depressed patients, worsening of depression along with risks of suicide may occur."

Suicide, huh? That's a sure way to get some sleep.
 
"Allergic reaction such as tongue or throat swelling occur rarely and may be fatal."

Another sleep enhancer with an added benefit. If your tongue swells large enough, it could stop you from snoring and help your husband, wife, or roommate sleep too.

"Side effects may include unpleasant taste, headaches, dizziness, and morning drowsiness."

Bad taste? Well, forget that drug! 

I don't know about you, but if I have a head ache or feel dizzy, I'm going back to bed. And if one is drowsy in the morning, what's the point of taking a drug to help you sleep?

"Ask your doctor if Lunesta is right for you."

And before he answers, pray he likes you.

"Sleep well on the wings of Lunesta." 


Yeah, right! It has so many side effects, I'd be awake all night worrying about them.

Here is a funny spoof ad for Lunesta. Enjoy!

23 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I always wondered about the side effects of all these drugs that they show on commercials. Who would want to take any of these with that giant list of evil sounding side effects? The main thing I always wondered was why they even have commercials for this stuff. I always thought the choice of prescription drugs was for the doctors to figure out.

Brenda Stevens said...

LOLOLOLOL omy GAWD are you FUNNY! this really suites you, i think you need to do one of these (like this format) at leat once a week!! HILARIOUS

Jo said...

lol I've never needed a sleep aide, thank goodness! You are so funny. Love your stuff.

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck said...

This made me Laugh Out Loud!!! :) Thank you!! :) hahahaha

BeadedTail said...

Hee hee! Very funny! Glad we don't have any problem with sleeping!

revelations said...

very much the devil or the deep blue sea.....:)

The Frizzy Hooker said...

I had medicine commercials.I prefer to rely on my doctor's recommendations. With that being noted, this entry was very funny.

Binky said...

If they advertise it on TV, I need it!

Anna said...

Hilarious!

Darlene ~Bloggity Blogger~ said...

You are so funny!!! LOL

Claudia Moser said...

Very funny indeed!

Millerwrites said...

Well done Joyce! By the way; I've always wondered why the stupid butterfly can't sleep. Is he afraid of the side-effects of even his teeny tiny dose as well?

Mojo Writin said...

Oh wow, I was just hysterical throughout that :O) Who the hell would ever buy it after that list of reasons not to?? Brilliant, Joyce, just brilliant.

Maria said...

Fell over laughing!

Molly said...

Bad drug, it does make people do things in their sleep like cooking and driving without remembering any of it. Too scary for me.

Rhonda said...

Oh my, have the US drug commercials really become all about the side effects? Why would they want to advertise - unless they were secretly hoping for some free publicity from you :)
Great job with this one, plus I love the spoof at the end.

danneromero said...

so funny. i was so concentrated on the butterfly, i didn't think to listen to the warnings!

Anonymous said...

PERFECT! I've thought these same things! :O)

Jenn said...

LOLOL!! I've seen this commercial and thought many of the same things. There are other drug commercials out there--and those drugs seem just as scary. I guess if I can't sleep when I'm supposed to--it is a sign I didn't work hard enough the day before. But I promise you, I never have much trouble sleeping unless I'm reading blogs. HE HE HE!! Cheers, Jenn
http://www.wine-n-chat.com

pbquig said...

Really funny, I enjoyed it. The sad thing is the same could said for the many other drugs advertized on TV. I wouldn't take any of them.

k~ said...

Okay, that was really funny! :-) Thank you

The_First_30_years said...

"tongue swelling"... that will quiet you down for a restful sleep! Great post!

Bree @ Twinkle in the Eye said...

Very funny :-) Thanks for linking up for Flash Blog Friday :-)