Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Writer's Post: Censorship

In a previous post, I mentioned that I didn't want folks telling me what religion to follow. Along the same vein, don't tell me what books to read, what music to listen to, nor what shows to watch. Part of being an American is having the freedom not to have someone else censor my life.

But what's really wrong with censorship is the fact that your mind might fill in the blanks with a whole new meaning. Watch this censored version of The Count.







Or look at part of this speech that I've shortened and censored just for you.


You have been reading about a bad *%^ I got. I have been in *#% and have received #$* from @*&. Which of you wouldn’t consider it the highlight of his life just to #$@ with *%^ for even one #$@?  


              Ooooo wouldn't you love to #$@ with #$@? Just ask Lou Gehrig.

I leave you with one more clip. Enjoy.





11 comments:

Angie said...

Love your clips! So funny! :)

Celeste Neumann said...

Funny clips! However if I was a true %&*ing b***c, which I don't feel like being (just for today), I could prove you a theoretical hypocrit. Because when most of us think of censorship, we think of some prim & prude committee of 65-year-old virginal Southern Baptists, who believe sex & drugs & rock-n-roll are the downfall of Western Civilization. The reality is when it comes to personal insults, liable, character assassination & defamation, censorship is perfectly understandable. All I have to do is write nothing but extremely rude comments in your blog comments, and you will censor me. Which is fine! (Good, in fact) Because I believe that censorship is fine under very special circumstances. Calling you a f****** b**** serves absolutely no purpose, and you don't need it. And you should never have to tolerate that sort of impertinent nonsense on your blog. It's your blog, and you deserve the best! (Nice write, by the way)

Jenn said...

Ha Ha!! I loved the Count video! Kinda funny having him censored!! Cheers, Jenn

Celeste Neumann said...

Oh! I forgot! I thought you might like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2stn2su4A0

Catherine said...

Dear Joyce, Thank you for the smiles. You did a great job making your point. Blessings, Catherine xo

Jo said...

As usual, you made me smile and then laugh. I'm with you all the way. Write what you want and I'll chose to read what I want. We each have the right to see and do what interests us.
Great job.

Rachel Cotterill said...

I don't like censorship, either. I believe people should have the right to say what they want (well... excepting serious hate-speech / incitement stuff) - and others have the choice to listen/watch, or not.

Mojo Writin said...

*Chuckle* The Count clip made my day. Sadly, we are that bit closer to not being allowed to have those clips available for such use >:

carol l mckenna said...

Don't like censorship really ~ yet I do think there is a lot of crap and 'unsafe' stuff and 'hackers' that like to mess up people's online sites and so there does need to be some protection for the honest ones ~ It is like 'locks weren't made for honest people' ~ ah ~ will stop here ~ could go on forever ~ namaste, Carol ^_^

Anonymous said...

Sometimes censorship can be funny...like, a certain channel will have a show and censor out any mention of drugs-yet has no problems with sexual connotations. Huh? I don't get it. Pot is more offensive then underage sex?

But anyway...censorship is just bad practice. In theory its easy to understand the thought process behind some of it, but in practice it ends up becoming this overblown thing that makes no sense whatsoever.

Unknown said...

That was funny`!! Thanks for the laugh Joyce!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/