Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Friday, April 4, 2014

#AtoZ E - Enough Dang Gummit!

In a 5-4 vote, our fair and impartial Supreme Court decided to allow rich people to buy elections. You can just guess how these folks voted. I have lost all respect for the justices on the Supreme Court. 

Now that there is no ceiling on what billionaires can spend on their candidates, two things could happen.

1.) Peggy Lee's vision of the rich getting richer (and the middle class disappearing). Forget about our environment or programs for the have nots. The rich will make sure to elect those to protect their interests and screw everyone else.




OR

2.) Billionaires will waste their money on failed campaigns, and I will laugh!



Let's hope for #2!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here, here for the middle class! <3

Binky said...

I'm not sure what most politicians are worth, but I'm guess not much.

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

You almost have to be rich to even consider standing for election. Have you ever seen "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington". Great movie.

LuAnn Braley
AJ's Hooligans @AtoZChallenge
Back Porchervations

mail4rosey said...

If there's a $5200 donation limit in place per person, could I donate $5200 to the candidate, $5200 to his wife, $5200 to his secretary, $5200 to his mother... well, you get the idea? It could definitely add up.

Anonymous said...

I'm so angry about this! It's going to be bad for us middle class folks, who are barely middle class anymore. I'm so bewildered about this country's political system. I'm tempted to move to the happiest place in the world: Denmark! I will say this though: people HAVE TO GET OUT AND VOTE!! I just worked the polls at the primary election here in Texas, back in March, and the turnout was abysmal. Sad. The Republicans were showing up, the Democrats, not so much. For example, in one 2-hour period, republicans had 89 voters, democrats 3. Complacency in voters is going to ruin our country. People think their votes don't count, but they do! Every single one of them! Frankly, my thought is the whole government needs to be overthrown. Get rid of all those old guys in there who do nothing but collect $$ from special interest groups. We need a woman president too!! OMG, I can get on such a rant. Sorry :(

Unknown said...

The country is in such a mess at this point I simply find it entirely too depressing to pay attention.

LA Botchar said...

I really don't understand American politics - I've been talking to an American friend this week who is just up in arms about this. She wanted to come live with me in Canada - LOL. Although I am sure we have our political problems too (waving at you Rob Ford!). But she's trying to explain how the system works...and basically just gave up. If she can't follow it, not sure how I will.

Aditi said...

Is this a story everywhere?? Same here in India...sad situation, though true we can laugh about it!

Rhonda Albom said...

Sadly, I am far to often with Kathy on this one. I roll my eyes so often when I read about American politics and really wonder. Of course most countries these days aren't any better.

Anonymous said...

yea, I heard the news and thought I'd misheard. How could that be? What is happening to this country?? Outcome #2 has my vote as well.

Erin said...

Definitely voting for option 2!! Every year our country gets more and more ridiculous.

From AtoZ at The Five Dog Blog