Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Greetings From Memphis, Tennessee

Unless you've been asleep under a rock, you've no doubt heard about the heinous murder of a young Memphis man in the hands of the police. Tyre Nichols was on his way to his mother's house after photographing sunsets when five policemen pulled him over for "reckless driving"; however, it seems more like a DWB (Driving While Black). See his photo of our Memphis bridge below.
I've read a lot of people state "the only reason the firing and arrests of the policemen happened so quickly is because the officers were Black." NO! I know DA Steve Mulroy and will vouch that the arrests would have happened just as quickly had the officers been white. He is a fair minded and racially sensitive DA. Anyway, I am horrified over the recent events in our city but at least the protests have been peaceful. Furthermore, as I see it, protester demands have been met. RIP Tyre and love to his family and friends.

3 comments:

messymimi said...

The whole situation is sad from start to finish. It seems to me, in cases like this, all of society loses and we are all the poorer for it.

Binky said...

That is a terrible thing to have happened.

mvmaithai said...

I hate broken links, so recently I went and fixed a few posts, and one of them is about Memphis. I love Memphis; it reminds me a little of Philadelphia. Besides, I'm more of a blues and jazz fan.

I haven't heard of this crime, but I did hear on NPR about Memphis having trouble recruiting teachers, police, etc for the city.