Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Weekend Writing Warriors : September 14

Weekend Writing Warriors



Check out more posts at:
http://www.wewriwa.com

After last weeks post, I figured I'd jump ahead to this snippet from chapter two where Ben is curious as to why some stranger would call him "Benito." And yes, you missed it, but the weird dude and friend chased Ben.


??????????????????????????????????????????????


       I debated about how much to tell my worry wart mom who'd freak if she knew about the guys who chased me, yet curiosity and fear bugged the shit out of me. I took two steps away from her and then spun around to head back. “Is my real name Ben, or is it short for something else?”
       “Why you ask?”
       “Someone called me, Benito.”
       The color drained from Mom's face as her eyes widened and she covered her mouth with her shaking fingers. Our conversation was cut short when the doorbell chimed and was followed by a loud pounding sound. I stared at the door without moving.

      
??????????????????????????????????????????????

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

And there he was at the door...
Hope you are having a great weekend!

Meka James said...

dun...dun...dun.... Me thinks Mom knows exactly who that someone is that called him Benito and she's been keeping secrets. Nice cliffy, wonder who's at the door.

Unknown said...

Oh boy, I'd say she just gave him her answer. And, he'll learn more when he answers the door.

messymimi said...

Mom, you got some "splainin" to do, as Ricky used to tell Lucy.

Teresa Cypher said...

Oh wow! Unexpected and certainly raises the tension. Nicely done, Joyce! :-)

Binky said...

Obviously no connection at all. . .

LA Botchar said...

oh f... fruit!

this is getting very interesting.

Chelle Cordero said...

Definitely a cliff-hanger (door opener) moment. Mom's reaction is quite telling, I'm sure she is going to feel quite cornered when that door is opened. Great tension.

brenda said...

Coming to the story mid flight I agree with all the other comments... hanging on the virtual edge..

Unknown said...

Mom needs to work on her poker face. lol. Great work here! :)

Rhonda Albom said...

I want to know too! Well done Joyce.