Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Friday, September 8, 2023

Creepy Dolls and 911

Artwork by Teach Elite.

Who doesn't love a scary puzzle about creepy dolls possessing high school students? Check out my newest logic puzzle while it is on sale for only a dollar!

With 9/11 in a few days, look at this!

September 11 Historical Fiction Story

Teach about Patriots' Day with this historical fiction story based on real events from 9/11. Students will follow Jessica through the terror of not knowing her father's whereabouts on September 11, 2001. This no-prep reading passage is available in print or digitally and includes a historical fiction story, vocabulary work, discussion questions, and a complete answer key. Perfect for grades 4 - 7.

Inside this engaging, no-prep historical fiction story, you'll find:

  • 4-page Historical Fiction Story
  • 1-page Epilogue and Author's Note at End of Story.
  • 15 Vocabulary Words
  • Enrichment Vocabulary Word Sentence Prompt
  • Vocabulary Sentence Matching
  • 7 Discussion Questions
  • A Research Question
  • Complete Answer Key
  • Printable pdf. file
  • Link to Google Drive
  • Easel Access

Please read a sample from this product to see the quality of my writing.

I felt the air escape from my lungs as if I’d just been punched in the gut. My dad’s office was on the 80th floor of the North Tower. He was a heavy man who suffered from Diabetes. In his poor shape, I felt certain he’d have trouble climbing down eighty flights of stairs to leave the building. “Could he have taken the elevator down to the lower floors and gotten out?”

This resource is great for teaching about Patriot's Day. The story is engaging and contains high-level words to build vocabulary. The discussion questions, along with a research question, help students to build writing skills.

Awesome Blossoms
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I loved this and we used it for our reading the week of 9/11. It was easy to add questions and ideas that I needed to cover. My kids were captivated by the story."

Erine A.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Just what I need for my kids to understand what happened before they were born."

Thanks for reading!

Joyce

Catch My Products

3 comments:

roentare said...

The dolls are looking incredibly cute.

Binky said...

I wonder if the kids would like a logic puzzle instead of candy this Halloween?

Rosey said...

I have high school students but super touchy parents (new district). Love the great reviews. I think TPT is an awesome resource.