Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, September 10, 2023

Musical Monday Live at The Garden

 My husband and I enjoyed another outdoor concert, Friday night. 

The first band was called, Parmalee. I had never heard of this band named for their North Carolina town, but I knew some of their music. Here is "Take My Name."

Matt Thomas, the lead singer of Paralee, told a story about someone giving them a check for $11,000 to record their first four songs. When the check bounced, his mother took out a loan on her three-bedroom house to pay for it. Now, that he's made it big, he's paid off her house note and bought her a car. That was a good investment! Here is their first hit, Carolina, recorded thanks to his mom.

Next up was the band we came for, Train. I love how they start all of their concerts. They have the best intro!

Train played their new song. They said they'd play it over and over again until we liked it. Not needed. I liked it the first time I heard it!

They have a lot of great song hits, like "Drive By."


Train threw t-shirts into the audience, including one Pat Monahan put on for a few minutes while the band signed it. He also took a bunch of selfies with phones from the audience, and we hit multiple beachballs into the air. I was happy to be able to touch one!

Toward the end of the concert, Monahan said, "We used to walk off-stage and wait for everyone to applaud us back, but I'm too old for that sh*t; so, do you want to hear a few more?" Of course, we did! 

By the way, he's 54 years old, which seems a lot younger than it used to.



12 comments:

messymimi said...

It sounds like you had a great night!

DrillerAA said...

Train is a new-to-me group but I really like Drive By. Thanks for sharing their music with us.

XmasDolly said...

You got some really cool songs here girlfriend! Love Train... haven't heard them in a while. Great jumpin' & jivin' my friend! Woo Hoo & have a great day! :)

roentare said...

Love the selection of music.

songbird's crazy world said...

I love live music. Glad you enjoye.

Binky said...

I can only go to afternoon concerts now.

csuhpat1 said...

Very nice and I love the backstory of the band.

Birgit said...

I only know the last song but these are all good. It sounds like you had a blast! Hey...I'm 59 and I get too old for that s#^$ too.

Sandee said...

I love the investment mom made. A very good investment. Love his music.

I'm glad you had such a great time at the concert. I've not been to a concert in years.

Have a fabulous day and week filled with music. ♥

Birgit said...

Enjoyed listening to your picks

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Nice mewsic and glad you had a great time at the concert😸Double Pawkisses for a Happy Day🐾😽💞

Alana said...

Train performed as the musical guest at a Senior PGA tournament in our area several years ago and it was nice finally hearing some of their music. Happy you had a good time.