Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

9-11 Historical Fiction Story on Sale, This Week Only

 

Get this powerful resource at 15% off, this week only.

Those of us who endured September 11, 2001, will never forget where we were when we heard about the planes hitting the Twin Towers in New York City. This was a tragic moment that needs to be taught in a meaningful yet cautious way.

            

Teach about 9/11 with this no prep, historical fiction reading passage and questions based on real events from September 11 or Patriot's Day. Students follow Jessica through the terror of not knowing her father's whereabouts on September 11, 2001. This historical fiction article comes complete with vocabulary words, discussion questions, a research question or writing prompt, and an answer key. This no prep reading passage is available in print or as a digital resource on sale through Friday.

Use print or digital resource in centers, whole or small groups, partner or independent work, or as emergency sub plans. This resource is great for grades 4 - 7 or home school. Your upper elementary or middle school students will be able to relate to the first-person story of a girl in NYC on 9-11.

Inside this engaging, no-prep historical fiction story, you'll find:
  • 4-page Historical Fiction Story
  • One page Epilogue and Author's Note at the End of the Story.
  • 15 Vocabulary Words
  • Enrichment Vocabulary Word Sentence Prompt
  • Vocabulary Sentence Matching
  • 7 Discussion Questions
  • A Research Question
  • Complete Answer Key
  • Printable pdf. file
  • Link to Google Drive
  • Easel Access

Please read a sample from this product to see the quality of my writing.
I felt the air escape from my lungs as if I’d just been punched in the gut. My dad’s office was on the 80th floor of the North Tower. He was a heavy man who suffered from Diabetes. In his poor shape, I felt certain he’d have trouble climbing down eighty flights of stairs to leave the building. “Could he have taken the elevator down to the lower floors and gotten out?”

Your kids will love learning about Patriot's Day. The story is engaging and contains high-level words to build vocabulary. The discussion questions, along with a research question, help students build writing skills.

Read what teachers, like you, have said about this September 11 Reading Passage.

Awesome Blossoms ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I loved this and we used it for our reading the week of 9/11. It was easy to add questions and ideas that I needed to cover. My kids were captivated by the story."

Erine A. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Just what I need for my kids to understand what happened before they were born."

Quick and easy set up . . . just print and find a pencil, or pull up on the computer, and you are ready for an intriguing class experience!
Hurry before the sale ends!
Get it, now, for just $3.78

Sept. 11, 2001 Historical Fiction Story with Questions 

 
Thanks for reading!
Joyce
Catch My Products

2 comments:

Binky said...

It's hard to think of 9-11 as a historical event. Time goes so fast these days.

Catch My Words said...

So true!