Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Tunes With Male Names

For this week's assignment, we've been asked to post songs with male names. Hmm? I can't think of any off of the top of my head, but with careful research and thought, I found . . .


"Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5

No one said this had to be a first name.



Here's one I remember from my childhood that's sad but memorable. "Billy Don't Be a Hero," by Bo Donaldson and The Heywoods.




And finally, here's a fun one from way back when, "Hey Mickey," by Sweet California.



Hop along!






9 comments:

Rhonda Albom said...

Hey Mickey sure brought me back a few years, with a smile.

Binky said...

Johnny be good?

John Holton said...

I like "Billy, Don't Be A Hero." Paper Lace, who also did "The Night Chicago Died," had a hit in the UK with it at the same time Bo Donaldson did. Nice set!

messymimi said...

Billy is a song i remember well. Very sad and a little cheesy. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Unknown said...

ooooooooooooo good ones my friend!!! Love moves like Jagger... well, I really like Maroon V is what it is hehehehehe... Hey Mickey, use to drive me nuts, and I just knew someone would put it up and then nothing, but there it is as big as day! Hey this one isn't the original this one isn't so bad... cool! THANKS GIRLFRIEND! WOO HOO NOW back to Adam Levine and then Billy... wow highschool days!!!! COOL! YOU'VE ROCKED THE HOUSE GIRLFRIEND! BIG HUGS & HAVE A ROCKIN' WEEK!!!

Mike said...

Fun songs! Thanks for sharing!

bookworm said...

I know some people are annoyed by "Hey Mickey" but that song always makes me smile. "You're so fine..." Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

Cathy Kennedy said...

Joyce,

I'm late dancing with you. I got busy and forgot to make my rounds. Oh silly me! I hope you're summer is going well. I can't believe school is back in session! Didn't you retire last year? Anywho, great to see you on the dance floor!! "Billy Don't Be A Hero" is such a sad song. It always leaves me down, so I'm glad you followed it with a more chirper song, "Hey Mickey". :) Have a tunetastic week (what's left of it) and thanks for joining the 4M gals!

Michele at Angels Bark said...

Hi Joyce,
Fun set of songs for this theme. Moves Like Jagger is a cool song. Was cool seeing them perform it live.
Billy Don't Be a Hero is such a classic.
And that was an interesting cover of Hey Mickey. The blue lipstick is a trip... :)

Hope you get a chance to stop by my place and check out my post with male names.

Michele at Angels Bark