Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Monday, July 11, 2011

#GBE2: The Bakery

It's a ?


A good product takes time to develop. First, one must choose the right ingredients. Two summers ago, we witnessed the union of my nephew Brent to his beautiful wife Jill. Next, they ordered the product from a stork, and we've had a nine month wait. Although the due date was July 6th, the little bakery bundle has chosen to go for extended time in the oven. Jill started contractions on Wednesday night; but here it is Monday, and the stork has not delivered. I'm a good aunt, but I'd like to be a great one, so here are my suggestions to get the oven timer to ding:

  •  Rain dances have been common in tribes. How about a baby dance. The expecting mom needs to perform deep knee bends while saying goo.
  • Sometimes we roll dough to get the air out. How about rolling bellies to get the kid out?
  • Ever see chefs throw pizza dough in the air? Have the perspective daddy throw mama in the air too.

If all else fails, there is always prayer! I'll keep you posted as to when our bakery product pops out of the oven.

If you like this post, push the fence button or http://picketfenceblogs.com/vote/3715 to vote for my blog. Thanks!

7/13/11

It's a Girl!

19 comments:

Jenn said...

Okay--I've gone through this a time or two (okay 5 to be exact). We tried everything...from eating hot peppers, to some time alone with dad, to deep pressure points on certain parts of my shins.

The only thing that ever worked for me---to really get my labor going---was being in a hospital and having them break my water. Once they did that...it only took about an hour for each!!

I hope your niece delivers a happy, healthy, bundle of joy!!

Cheers, Jenn

Anonymous said...

Love this 'bun in the oven' story! This post has been up for a number of hours...maybe by now, the little bakery bundle has decided to make his or her appearance! :O)

Binky said...

Have you sent the kid an email? Maybe s/he didn't get the message and doesn't realize he's overstayed his welcome.

Catch My Words said...

Or she . . . no telling.

Thanks for the comments. So far nothing, but they will induce Jill by Wednesday if the baby won't answer e-mails or pop out of the oven.

Sandee said...

I think the prayer part is the safest. Just saying Auntie.

Have a terrific day. :)

Langley Cornwell said...

Ohh, congratulations. Let us know when the baked good comes out of the oven. AND, if daddy throws mama in the air, post pix!

Catch My Words said...

I just talked to my sister. They plan to induce her at 7:30 tonight. After that they said it could take anywhere from 12 or 36 hours.

Unknown said...

Now this was a cool twist to the bakery theme and I loved it. I have survived 2 buns in the oven, and thank sunny Jesus my doctor had the good sense to schedule me a c-section for both. That waiting around and huffing and puffing would be for the birds in my opinion. Great post!!

Kathy
http://www.thetruckerswife.com/

Kyle said...

Here's one thing that doesn't work: going to the hospital when the contractions start. Yeah, we tried that. I hope y'all never have to experience the wrath of a Latina with a sore back and a ten and a half pound baby that just won't come out.

Luckily you forget most of the soreness and pain of childbirth when that beautiful little baby is snuggled between your arm and your chest.

The Frizzy Hooker said...

You will be a great Aunt

Tony Payne said...

Hoping the bundle pops out nicely in the end.

SJerZGirl said...

It's a girl, I saw!! Wow, I thought I was in labor a while with my first. I went into labor on Wednesday morning and had my son at around 5:30am Friday morning, even with Pitocin to help contractions. He didn't want to come out and was already two weeks late!! My daughter was also two weeks late, but they started labor on me. She was born within six hours. Congratulations to your niece!!

Millerwrites said...

Ok, so now she's 'done'. But inquiring minds want to know; which trick made the timer ding?

Congratulations to all!

Anonymous said...

Great story! Congratulation, Auntie! Did Dad to be throw mama in the air and give her a spin? =)

SJerZGirl said...

Oh, and when I was in labor with my son (from Wed. to Fri.), my mother made me walk the mall while in labor and took me over railroad tracks in the car to try to get things started. Nothing worked. Even the doctors had to break my water.

Catch My Words said...

Thanks for all of the comments. They induced Jill's labor and that's what did it. Nothing weird or unusual.

Brenda Stevens said...

OMG SHE'S REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHEN I SAW HER PIC ON GBE2 I THOUGHt OH never mind..CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! shes beautiful..now i can see! (( : ) )) you will make the BEST AUNTY

Catch My Words said...

Thanks, Brenda. LOL. Yep! She's real all right; however, the parents are keeping her name a secret until a formal naming ceremony on July 24.

Jo said...

What a wonderful bun in the oven story! She is beautiful and obviously 'well done'!