Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Memories Before Quarantine

Being stuck at home leads to chats about the good old days. Here is a conversation that took place in our family's chat text group.

Text Chat with Kids

J: Mom how did your parents meet

Me: At a waistline party! They measured everyone's waist and charged the number of inches found in order to go in. My mom used to brag about paying 24¢.

J: Oh ya hahaha

Me: Different time period, right?

D: You mean the going to a party part?

E: What's a party? I forgot.

D: Dang, maybe you should go back to school if you've forgotten your entire job

E: You make a good point

Monday Music Moves Me Freebie

Since my parents met in the forties, I've decided to post a few good old songs from their era (okay, they met in the late forties, but close enough). I still love Glenn Miller, so here is a tribute to him.

First up is one of my favorite songs by Glenn Miller, In the Mood:




Next, Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy:


And finally, this masterpiece of music, singing, and dance in Chattanooga Choo Choo:



7 comments:

XmasDolly said...

My Mom would play this kinda music all the time when she was cleaning, and then sometimes I'd catch her dancing in the frontroom while she was dusting or vacuuming. She was just too cute. I sure do miss her! Thank for the memories girlfriend. Have a great day!

Alana said...

My parents met in the late 1940's too, and this was their music. A refreshing way to start the day. This music is timeless.

songbird's crazy world said...

Glen Miller and the Andrews Sisters, wow. Thanks.

Binky said...

There are some great 40's songs. I really like Vera Lynn's "The White Cliffs of Dover" and "We'll Meet Again".

csuhpat1 said...

Nice classic songs. Thanks for sharing them.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Joyce,

I love the 40s era! The mewsic is wonderful. The Andrew Sisters and Glen Miller band are fabulous mewsicians from that period. My mother was born in 1945 and Daddy 1938. They started their courtship in the late 50s. Mom was only 15 when she married Daddy. That's super young but not uncommon for gals growing up in rural WV. I remember hearing these old groups play on the radio or maybe Lawrence Welk Show or maybe it was artists very similar. That's been too long ago. We often will listen one of the SiriusXM stations that plays nothing but tunes from the big band era. It's great fun and really quite relaxing to listen to. Thanks for boogieing with the 4M crew. Stay well on the other side of Tennessee, my friend! xx

messymimi said...

Some of my favorites!