Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Friday, March 26, 2021

High School Reading Passages and Questions The History of Pandemics & COVID

As these difficult times surround us, many wonder how our pandemic compares to those that our ancestors suffered with throughout history. Being a curious sort, I researched and wrote this reading passage with higher level thinking questions about COVID and other pandemics. 

My thoughts of the past pandemics actually surfaced when I was a Historical Haunts tour guide. I told stories of Yellow Fever and how Spanish Flu killed Elliot Fountaine, a local spirit who has been seen and heard from during multiple investigations. Little did I know, Spanish Flu did not originate in Spain but rather in Kansas! 

If you'd like to learn and teach your high schoolers about pandemics, check out this popular reading passage.

Teens will love reading about diseases throughout history with these reading stories on Teachers Pay Teachers for schools first. #education #teachers #iteachtoo
Also, read what a buyer had to say.

"I used this as an activity when our school suddenly went to distance learning during quarantine. It was phenomenal. In fact it was so well done that I bridged a research paper from this activity as well. It was such a relief to have a relevant and well-made activity readily available at such a critical time. The author did a great job at compiling information and making thought-provoking and worthwhile questions. Seriously, thank you!!!"


Teach about yellow fever with history fiction passage about yellow fever. #TpT #teachersfollowteachers #iteach
I also have a historical fiction story on Yellow Fever for younger students in middle school or upper elementary.


Kids will love reading about George as he tries not to interact with the world around him during the fatal yellow fever epidemic of 1878. This passage also includes questions and a puzzle.

Teaching teens reading passage with questions lesson on Teacher Pay Teachers. #history #COVID #lessons



Thanks for reading about these resources! I have also written a high school passage about the Smallpox pandemic. I hope you'll have a closer look at my products.

Joyce
The Gifted Department Store

Teach reading, language arts to 5th grade through 12th with reading passages and questions on Teacher Pay Teachers. #teachersofig #teachersofthegram #teachers


1 comment:

Binky said...

The history of the past pandemics is very interesting, but it must have been far worse back then when they didn't understand things as much and had no vaccines for them.