Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, August 20, 2023

Music Monday Moves Me with Animal Songs for Benny and an Aww Monday Moment

Just like I sing to Amber, I enjoy singing songs to my dog, Benny,too. I take songs and change the words. Unfortunately, I couldn't hold a tune even if you hot-glued it to my hands, so I'll have to post the actual songs. First up is a little ditty inwhich I sing, "Benny, Benny Boo, where are you?"
Next, is Benny and My Pets. You can guess what I'm going to post. Pets is plural because we used to have three pets. Unfortunately, Benny lost his two grandmotherly sisters early in 2022, so we adopted Amber.
Since the theme is animals, I put a frog in Elton John's song. Tee hee.
Third, here is an original, prize winning movie set to music, including "Puppy Love." What a treat! It was made during the pandemic and stars Benny as the pool boy. His beautiful sisters also had starring roles in The Bearded and the Restless.
And finally, here's a fourth because I've always sung this one to my dogs. If this isn't an Aww Monday, nothing is! Check out these adorable puppies in Harry Nilson's song.
Hey teachers, how about a set of dog logic puzzles for your class? If you look at the sudoku, Benny is the golden retriever puppy.
Click here to find Dog Puzzles for Fourth Grade.

15 comments:

Alana said...

As much as I enjoyed the Elton John/Muppets video and the Puppy Song, my absolute favorite was The Bearded and the Restless. I think it should be nominated for an award! Great theme music, plot, and acting.

songbird's crazy world said...

I love Kermit the Ftog! And I love Sir Elton! Great choice!

willowdot21 said...

Hello what a beautiful post, I love your tunes, we sadly lost our beautiful Labrador Ruby in April we still miss her terribly. Your post really made me smile thank you ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Cathy Kennedy said...

How fun, Joyce! I like your spin using Bennie and your pups as inspiration for your song picks. I think it's really neat that you used Elton John with The Muppets. :) Thanks for joining the party. Have a boogietastic week, my friend!

DrillerAA said...

What a creative post. Loved the movie and "Puppy Love" goes way back in my personal time machine. Well done. Have a blessed week.

Sandee said...

Awww, and Awww. What a fabulous post.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ♥

Binky said...

Are Muppets pets, too? I guess they kind of are.

Birgit said...

Thos puppies are so cute! I love that song. I also love the original Scooby-Doo which was so fun..those darn kids!

CCL Wendy said...

It's wonderful that you sing songs to your dog, and funny that you make up the words. It all tells those pups that you love them. I'm so sorry that you lost two last year. When they are of an age, this happens. I lost three kitties back in 2016. It's tough.

Yay for Benny that he was adopted. So sweet!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those were fun tunes and oh my goodness, your pups are adorable.

carol l mckenna said...

Adorable doggie photos and wonderful music as well ~


Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Veronica Lee said...

Fun post, Joyce!
Love, love, love those cute puppies ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก

Happy Tuesday!

Gattina said...

I have never heard these songs, they are real cute !

csuhpat1 said...

A great playlist. The Scooby-Doo theme is so classic.

messymimi said...

Those were fun!