Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Friday, July 8, 2011

Dating Nerds

Revenge of the Nerds
Do you remember the poster, are you a nerd? Arrows pointed to different spots of the nerd photograph making sure to point out the pocket protector, tape on glasses, high-water pants, etc., etc. Way back when, I went out with this guy. It was a blind date, but unfortunately I wasn't blind. The nerd kept trying to put his awkward little arm around my shoulders and a car load of "cool" guys even drove by pointing and laughing.

The clincher at the end of the evening was the dead fly in his ear. No, I didn't make this up. After we got our food (he ordered peaches and cottage cheese), I noticed the little insect that lay on its wings with bent legs folded up into his greasy ear canal. I lost my appetite. 

Who knows? He may be the CEO of some multi-million dollar corporation right now, but it's not worth it. Gross! Here's a link to one of my favorite nerd videos staring Dimitri Martin. It's great so check it out!

Comedy Central - Hoodwinkers

If you like this post, push the fence button or http://picketfenceblogs.com/vote/3715 to vote for my blog. Thanks!

7 comments:

Binky said...

Maybe it was his pet fly and it just died in there and he thought it was just sleeping.

Anonymous said...

I'm nerdy, but not that nerdy!

Toyin O. said...

That is so funny; makes you wonder how he got to the top with that level of dis-appeal:)

Catch My Words said...

Thanks for the comments. I have no idea if this nerd made it to the top. I said, "Good bye," and never looked back. Nor did I accept anymore blind dates from my brother!

Historical Writer/Editor said...

Goodness, that's something. Poor guy. :)

Rhonda @Laugh Quotes said...

I can attest to this story being true, as Joyce told it to me years ago then I will admit, and the story hasn't changed a bit. As soon as I saw your title I thought of the guy with the dead fly. It is just one of those stories you never forget.

Marguerite said...

Funny post! Over from the Tailspin Hop! I'm your newest follower and I would love it if you would stop by and follow me back!