Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, April 3, 2014

D is for Dead, Dead, Deadsky

On Monday, my computer failed to project my lesson to my high-tech Promethean Board; so, I did what we're told to do: I turned off my computer. This would have been great had the machine turned back on. Nope. I poked, tapped, and held the button down for an insane amount of time, but the computer is dead, dead, deadsky. Luckily, I just backed it up last week. Even still, I lost part of today's lesson and had to hustle to rewrite it. Technology is great when it works, but when it doesn't . . .




Word of advice: 


BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER, NOW!

14 comments:

Mary Purpari said...

Very good advice. I discovered the validity of that action when I didn't back up, and I had to redo an entire translation. Aurgh!!!!!!


http://marypurpari.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Ya know, seriously, I should do this right now, but it's bed-time... I do have an online site for my writing though, so I won't lose anything important. :)

Unknown said...

I agree with you. I have a program and everything gets backed up daily.

Debbie D. said...

Excellent advice. Sorry you had such difficulties, Joyce.
"D" is for DELPHI

Rhonda Albom said...

Thank goodness you backed up. I can relate, only mine didn't turn back on after I spilled a cup of coffee on it.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Computer issues can be so frustrating. Maybe it's just taking a long nap!!

Erin said...

Technology never fails to make life difficult, even though its supposed to make it easier!

From AtoZ at The Five Dog Blog

Anonymous said...

Lucky that you had just done a back up! We need to do ours more often. (Just stopping by on the A to Z challenge.)

Jinky said...

We have the same topic ...sorta ..in the vicinity (mine is death). Anyway, how lame am I? I don't remember how to back up. Guess I'll have some Googling later. --Glad you were able to retrieve most of your work.

Jinky said...

We have the same topic ...sorta ..in the vicinity (mine is death). Anyway, how lame am I? I don't remember how to back up. Guess I'll have some Googling later. --Glad you were able to retrieve most of your work.

Anonymous said...

Very good advice and thank God you backed it up last week! Technology is wonderful, but it can fail from time to time.

Binky said...

I always tell people to back up their data, because sooner or later you'll end up having a hard drive crash on you. But no one ever thinks it'll happen to them.

LA Botchar said...

thanks for the reminder! and I haven't backed up my blog in awhile either.
I remember when our old one died - we lost so many pictures of our firstborn. thankfully we had transferred most of them to CD already.

mail4rosey said...

gah, I hate when the computer goes on the fritz. Thank goodness you backed it up.