Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Beyond the Limits of My Fridge

This week's Writer's Post Blog Hop #11 
is 
Beyond the Limits

It's soooo big, it takes a moving van to bring it home.

My mind probably isn't going where Jenn intended, but why should this week be different than any other?

I just got back from Costco's where I was supposed to do two things: (1) Take back the pants in the backseat of my car that are too big and (2) Buy candy for my class. Of course I did neither. I remembered the pants while strolling out the door, but with Memphis' 91* weather, I decided my fudge bars wouldn't appreciate alone time in the trunk.

The infamous "they" say to never shop when hungry, and Mr. They is right! I bought strawberries, blueberries, a massive package of pizza rolls all because I was hungry and it looked good . . . even though these things go "beyond the limits" of what my fridge holds. 

To make room, I could throw out the moldy something in the back, a jar of pickle relish (everyone here hates sweet pickles), or the half-eaten yogurt that's probably reproduced since it contains "Live Cultures." What does live cultures mean anyway? 

The item that really goes beyond our limits is the big a$$ pizza I bought--pesto, tomatoes, chunks of whitish-yellow cheese, and green leafy things. Yum! Never mind the fact that our household is down to two. It looked good, and repeat after me: I was hungry.

This Costco pizza is sooooo huge, it goes beyond the limits of my fridge and must move directly from car to oven; but, Houston we have a problem. When I tried to lift it into the oven, it cracked on the side and rained chunks of cheese, tomatoes, and those leafy green things onto the rack and beyond. So here I was, scooping up sizzling ingredients off the bottom of the oven. No doubt, it will stick, burn, and make a horrid mess. 

Will I buy it again? Probably. 
Why? Because One day I'll be hungry! 

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment, (((hugs))), and a click on the picket fence. And if you're in town, stop by for some pizza . . . unless, burp! Maybe I should keep the pants that are too big. 

18 comments:

Sandee said...

I never to shopping when I'm hungry because I do just this. I want anything that looks yummy and int he basket it goes. As for the pants? You might want to hang onto them. Bwahahahahahaha.

Have a terrific day. :)

Anonymous said...

TOO funny! When the kids lived at home, my hubby used to drag one of them to Sam's every week and I always gave him a hard time about how much stuff he bought. Then one day, I went there. Holy crapanoly.

Jenn said...

This was great on Beyond the Limits--and I really enjoy people taking the topics to unexpected places!! LOLOL! I quite enjoyed reading this with a big ole smile on my face!! Cheers, Jenn

Binky said...

You don't have to worry about extra pizza if I'm around. Guaranteed!

And who's that handsome fellow on the left up there? Thanks for the plug, Joyce!

Catch My Words said...

Thanks for the visits and comments. I think I'll go stick my finger down my throat now . . . I'M KIDDING!

Jennie Bennett said...

If anyone has an answer for the live culture thing I'm curious, because does it really matter that much? Anyway, that pizza looks stupendous and I'm going to Costco tomorrow so I may be in trouble.

cheap flights said...

I reached here by chance but really feel glad after reading this post. It makes me to feel appetite...!!! Feeling jealous because u eat pizza alone...lol....
Good post ........!!!!!!

unikorna said...

The pizza looks good but what looks and sounds even better is your lovely sense of humor, and the enchanting manner of your story-telling. Allow me to hug you and kiss you, muah :).

THE SNEE said...

Hahahahahaha! Pants, hunger and a Costco run all in one trip! I could never have completed the task. Instead of pizza, I would've walked out with a new television, a couch and a bunch of New York Times' bestsellers. Lucky for me, I have boxes to put them in. Good to catch up with you Joyce. You are witty and joyful.

Unknown said...

LMAO!! Oh this is priceless!! Isn't that how it always is?? You go to the store with a specific purpose in mind and leave without what you originally went for in the first place, but a ton of other stuff. LOL
I loved this!!

Kathy
http://www.thetruckerswife.com/index.html

Tara Tyler said...

yup, dont shop when you're hungry!
but berries are good!
i usually buy too much too, need a fridge like on phineas & ferb when they painted the desert!

Chasing Joy said...

Awe man! You just made me want some Pizza rolls.

Rhis is a funny post. I do the same thing when I go to those big discount stores. Everything is so big that I never have space for it.

Sandz said...

I can never say no to Pizza and that one looks delish, I think I will go out and get myself some.

Bazza said...

Hi Joyce. When we shop at Costco (in the UK) everything seems to be huge! If we get a portion of Pizza in their cafe one piece fills me. The packs and size of everything is larger than in regular stores. Is it the same over there?
Click here for Bazza’s Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

Catch My Words said...

Thanks for all the comments. Everything is huge at our Costco's here too. That's why it's so silly to buy that monster pizza when it's just my husband and me.

Rhonda Albom said...

LOL Joyce, but good news, eat the entire giant pizza and the pants wont be too big anymore. Just kidding :) If you ever make it here, you will see that everything is beyond the limits of the fridge, as the fridge is tiny.

Michelle said...

aww mouthwatering and really huge! hehe. thanks for visiting my blog, we're safe from MINA :)

Kathy said...

LOLLLL!! TOO FUNNY!! I love it...you sound just like me. (I have to say, that pizza looks awesomely delicious!). When we go to Sam's Club we always walk out with more (I'll come home with an array of industrial-sized cheeses), and a big, tab, too! And your fridge sounds JUST like mine. Even though a just week ago, I held my breath and poked through the deep, dark depths and discarded containers of unidentifiable things, I know that there's gotta be another couple containers this week, pushed to the back, growing insidious things. LOL...I loved this...GREAT writing!! :)