Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, May 24, 2012

#GBE2: Hop on Pop

"Hop. Hop. We like to hop. We like to hop on top of Pop."

"Stop! You must not hop on Pop."





This week's GBE2 prompt is to pick a line from a book and write about it. Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss is a strong story with well developed characters who like to skate on the dark side. The riveting plot places kids in extreme danger when they resort to Pop hopping.

But let's face it, one should not "Hop on Pop," and here's why. First off, if you're still calling your dad "Pop," chances are, you passed childhood a long time ago. Let's face it. How many kids do you know who call Daddy "Pop?"

So now that we've decided you're quite mature, Pop must be ancient--I mean hairs in the ears, false teeth, cane carrying old! The weak bones of senior citizens cannot handle being hopped on, especially if you're an American. Surely, you've heard the latest studies in the news. Obesity is at an epidemic in the states. With the width of average Americans, do grown fat people really need to be hopping on old men? Then again, there might be more to hop on if Pop is a butterball too. None the less, you might rupture Pop's spleen, break his bones, or God only knows what else.

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named told me it is a biblical sin for an adult to make a parent bleed or to bruise one's dad. In fact, historically this was punishable by death. Many doctors will not operate on their parents for this reason. So, why in the world would you hop on Pop? Take my advice. Give it up, learn respect, and DON'T HOP ON POP!


17 comments:

Sandra Tyler said...

lol! That is fun. Gosh, I've got that book memorized. And our boys do hop on Pop, though you're right, he's really just Daddy.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Okay, so no hopping on Pop. I think this is especially important if you have a wocket in your pocket.

Anonymous said...

And you really shouldn't hop on Pop if he has been eating green egg! Sorry, couldn't resist! Funny post! Well done!

Anonymous said...

And you really shouldn't hop on pop if he has been eating green eggs and ham! Sorry, couldn't resist! Funny post! Well done.

Unknown said...

That is so clever!!! Brilliantly done!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Lynn Proctor said...

haha---yeah my grandsons still hope on pop pop!

Anonymous said...

excellent story! keep writing this great stuff
Also see my web page - mcallen

Theresa Mahoney said...

All of my father in laws grandkids call him Pop. I think it's because he worked at Pepsi for 35 years? But I really don't know how it started. I don't think he would appreciate being hopped on either lol.

Amy Morgan said...

Cute post (such great enjoyment of your posts was what got me to read - I normally avoid anything Dr Seuss as best I can!) :)

Rhonda said...

LOL - this is hilarious, I will have to share it with my pop (just kidding). Interesting about the doctors.

Anonymous said...

that cracked me UPppppp! i almost popped..(sorry) :0)

Anonymous said...

Loved that book when I was a kid!

And Hopping on Pop is fun, you can't deny that.

Reiza said...

Hahaha! You never fail to crack me up, Joyce. I'm glad I call my dad Tata. :)

stevebethere said...

LMAO now that was amusing :-)

Jenn said...

Too funny!! LOL. You always come up with something that makes me laugh out loud *SNORT*. HE HE!!

Cheers, Jenn

Unknown said...

One of the best parts of my day is reading your posts. Starting off with a smile and/or a laugh is the way to go.

Sandra Tyler said...

Gosh, we used to read this book ALL the time. If the boys hopped on pop now, even just at age 7 and 8, it would put his back out. Better him than me! Glad you linked up!