Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Don't Mess With Psychologists

See that clock winding down at the side of my blog. Summer vacation is approaching quickly, and I can't wait. This has been quite a year. Not only have I taught, but I've also been up to my neck referring kids for psychological testing for the gifted program at my school. In Tennessee, bright kids are sheltered under the special education umbrella and it's been raining paperwork all year. I have one IEP meeting left and no one else to be tested at the moment.


Testing has changed quite a bit over the years. Back in 1925, when
Dogfish
my dad entered kindergarten, he had to take a test with a psychologist to see what class to put him in. Some lady held up heads and bodies of various animals and told him to match them. My dad thought the test was soooo stupid that he decided to have "fun" with the psychologist. He mixed the animal heads with various non-matching bodies, all the while chuckling to himself. The joke was on Dear Old Dad when he spent his first day of school in a class filled with rockers and droolers. The moral of the story: Don't mess with psychologists. 


6 comments:

LA Botchar said...

LOL!
I know someone who did that with the ink blot tests once. the results came back that they were a psycho!!
ha.
but not really funny when you think about it.

Binky said...

That sounds exactly what I would do!

messymimi said...

Your dad was a smart aleck! Hope these last days of school don't make you too crazy.

Unknown said...

Haha your dad sounds like he had some fun! Did he get switched to a smarter class or did he have to stew there for a few weeks?

Rhonda Albom said...

So humor is genetic, too bad it backfired on your dad.

Catch My Words said...

It didn't take them long to figure out that they'd made a mistake, and Dad was moved within the first hour or less. He truly was brilliant. Dad graduated high school early and went on to get a business degree. He was in multiple honor's societies and a member of the Chess team.