Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, April 28, 2011

X Marks the Spot #AtoZ


X marks the spot with a dot and a dot
and a dash and a dash,
and a great big question mark.
With pinches and squeezes and cool summer breezes,
and a knife in your back.
 Blood rushes down
and spirits rising up. 
Boo!

The letter X (Alias unknown)
How many of you chanted this stupid, sadistic rhyme on your friend's back as a child or had it done to you? Who writes this stuff anyway? It's kinda creepy having someone fist your back and call it a knife. Wouldn't it be better to rake invisible leaves or something? Or how about a good old fashion back rub? If you have to write poetry with the back rub, maybe you could quote Charlie Sheen on your back saying something profound like, "Boom, crush. Night, losers. Winning, duh." Uh, maybe not.

Here is my new and improved version of X Marks the Spot. If you don't like it, WRITE YOUR OWN!

X draws a line
With a vine and a vine
and a great wiggly scratch.
With fingernails while you yak
but don't "cool breeze" slobber on my back! 
With a palm on the shoulder
Not too hard, I'm getting older.
And forget the spirits because that's just plain weird.


If I can write a post for X, I can write anything. See you tomorrow when we explore real life yoyos (That's slang for foolish people). 

8 comments:

Rhonda Albom said...

I don't remember the x-marks the spot poem, but I do like yours better. Especially the line "Not too hard, I'm getting older." Funny stuff.

Jaydee Morgan said...

I agree. I've never heard that before either but yours is much better!

Catch My Words said...

Thanks, ladies! We used to do it all the time as kids.

Anonymous said...

Gosh that's interesting. I heard X marks the spot but not the rest of the little verse. It explains alot. :O)

Golden Eagle said...

I've only heard the version "Criss-cross, applesauce, cool breeze, tight squeeze, now you've got the shivereeze." Which is just about as silly. :P

Unknown said...

I remember that rhyme at the top. We used to do it at slumber parties or while waiting in line for things.
I like your version to. Great X post.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I'd not heard that rhyme before (kinda glad too). Your version is a hundred times better. :)

Jay Greene said...

that poem is more or less a folk story. it has several version, yours took a darker path and is very deferent from the child-friendly version I remember which were lyrics that went a long with a playful series of sensation triggering acts where you interpret the words by drawing them on someone's head and back.