Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Theme Thursday: Aromas

What's funny about aromas? Nothing, but head into a Bath and Body Works and you might find some humor in what they name their fragrances. I can only guess what these delicious flavors must smell like.

Autumn: This must be a collection of rotted pumpkins or Halloween candy. Put some behind your ears and hope the mosquitoes are gone for the season.

Caribbean Escape: A mixture of sea weed and dead fish with a floral base.

Dark Kiss: The smell of DEATH! Isn't that what Harry Potter's dementors did when they sucked all the joy out of their victims?


Green Grass: Allergy sufferers need to watch out for this one. Guaranteed to make your nose drip and eyes water.

Island Colada: This aroma is only for those of legal age.

Kitchen Lemon: Pucker up because this aroma makes one round those lips... and it's not to whistle.

Sage Cucumber: Really? I never thought to mix sage with cucumbers and then wear it!

and finally...

P.S. I Love You: What would love smell like? Probably the sweetest aroma of all!




9 comments:

Binky said...

I like to stick to the basics, like Dark Chocolate.

Theresa Mahoney said...

Hilarious! I often wonder where they come up with some of their scent names. I bet they employ people like my husband who actually think it would be a great idea to make manly scented candles like asphalt, bacon, and gas.

Brian Miller said...

i think it smells kinda spicy with a dash of innosecnce

Mrsupole said...

I love all those names and your descriptions of what they could smell like. I see the different fragrances when I receive their ads and just never thought about how the names could match up with the aromas of each one. I really do like how your picture goes with the Dark Kiss. I think that would make it a scary kiss to get.

I love your aroma humor and it is a great addition to this weeks Theme Thursday. Thanks for playing.

God bless.

Mike said...

The funniest part is they pay 'consultants' hundreds of thousands of dollars to come up with these, the pay for focus groups and opinion panels to test it out. And after all this, it still makes it to the store. My wife shops there, and some of the smells coming out of the place makes me wonder how they think they are getting their money's worth.

Dulcina said...

Hehehe! How good!
I truly enjoyed the humorous and ironical way you describe all that stuff of nonsense names.
The image fits that crap very well.
What's your favourite aroma?
About love..., well its smell depends on your imagination and its strength: the more you love, the sweeter it smells.
Thanks for sharing your wit with us.
Nice to meet you here!
:)))))

Gwen Gardner said...

I guess they have their work cut out for them trying to think up names, lol!

shelly said...

Joyce,

Shelly here, You won my little grammar contest. Send me your address via e-mail: shellyarkonwrites@hotmail.com and I'll send you a Starbuck's card.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Catherine said...

Dear Joyce, I agree and love your take on the names of these scents that are supposed to attract your "one true love". This is a fun post. Blessings dear. Catherine