Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros

Memphis, Tennessee
Part of Memphis in May is the ever popular Beale Street Music Festival, which brings a plethora of sought after rock stars to entertain the young. Along with the musicians comes thunder storms every dang year, but rain or shine the party continues.

Photo by Judy Lansky
Last night, my girls ventured downtown to enjoy the festivities. My daughter posted on Facebook, "I just fell more in love with Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (if that is even possible) #edwardsharpe #iloveyou #bealestreetmusicfest." 

So I asked what every mother of my persuasion asks, "Is he Jewish?" 

She said, "No Mom. That's the name of the band not the singer."

I looked up the band on Youtube and found this must share video. Adorable!




Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.



PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!


 

15 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

Oh how cool! That sounds like a great event you guys have down there. There is a folk festival in Newport, Rhode Island that's pretty big, but I've never been to it.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun time!!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Cute song and video!

Anonymous said...

I have one of their songs, but I should look into their other tunes.

Binky said...

The most important question for me would be is he rich?

Debbie D. said...

That's so cute; kids acting like adults and actually pulling it off. Catchy tune, as well.
The Music Festival is someplace I would love to visit. Cheers!

Rhonda Albom said...

LOL - I thought it was funny on facebook and I laughed again today :)

Laeli said...

Such a cute video!

I LOVE music and music festivals :)

stevebethere said...

Heheh! I agree that is so cute



Unknown said...

Lovely video Joyce. Happy Music Monday to you x

Grace Grits and Gardening said...

I love Beale Street and Memphis!

XmasDolly said...

Lovin' us some music festivals too! We go to all the ones around here & sometimes hubby plays at them. Lovin' you tune/video thanks for sharin & most of all thanks for joinin' us! YOU SO ROCK! Hope to see you next week too. Already followin' ya. Sorry can't follow under Networked Blog they won't let me I already have 200 :( So, I voted on the fence for ya instead! :) Have a great night! I have a linky tomorrow for all your give-aways & reviews drop them off or browse around! ;)

XmasDolly said...

Hehehehehehe FOUND YOU! GOT YOUR MESSAGE, BUT I FOUND YOU FIRST! :) lovin' the tune! New for me, but oh so cute!

Colette S said...

Festivals are fun. Especially musical ones.
Glad you are enjoying it. Rain or shine :)

Thanks for sharing with us and have a great week!

Lucy said...

The song was catchy and the video was so cute,loved the ending with them playing in the playground.

Lucy from Lucy's Reality