Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Promote Your Book Bloghop: Meet and Greet

While catching up on blog visits, I learned that I'm signed up for a Meet and Greet blog hop. I don't remember signing up, but then again, I don't remember much these days.


So, listen up Buttercup: since I rarely answer questions about myself, please seize the opportunity to learn secrets about me. I bet you didn't even know I can touch my nose with my tongue and have the rarest common blood type, AB Negative. But no one wants to know that.

This is what was asked . . .

What is your favorite animal?  
My dogs, or course
 
Where have you traveled to (outside of your country), and what's been your favorite destination? 
I'm an American who has traveled to France, Italy, Ireland, Israel, Canada, Mexico, and Bermuda. Each place has been wonderful, so it's hard to choose a favorite. I enjoy warm places with oceans and beaches, but then again history rocks!
How many siblings do you have?
I have one brother and two sisters, and they are all older than me, which means they are REALLY old.
 
Are you a lefty or a righty?
I'm a lefty, which means I'm in my right mind. The left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, and the right side of the brain controls the left side, so us left handed people are the only ones in our right minds.

Since picking a favorite book is nearly impossible, who is your favorite author or which one has had the most influence on you in your writing career?

I love Margaret Peterson Haddix and Gordon Korman. Peterson for her heart-pumping action and Kormen for making me laugh. There are many other fab authors. As far as who has most influenced my writing career, it would have to be all of those Midsouth authors who I've met through SCBWI. Josh Adams, Peterson's agent, will be at our next SCBWI conference. Woo hoo!

Joyce Lansky teaches intellectually gifted children, is active in SCBWI, and has completed five novels. In May 2011, she published a story in AppleSeeds magazine, a division of Carus. She currently blogs at Catch My Words. If her blog makes you laugh, please inquire about her MG and YA humor manuscripts that are looking for a home. jlanskyATcomcastDOTcom.

22 comments:

mail4rosey said...

This is fun, I liked learning a lit bit more about you.

We have friends who just went to Israel. I think that would be such a fabulous trip.

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking part in the blog hop. :) Where have you been to in Canada?

Unknown said...

Wow - I did not realize that you had published several manuscripts - very cool!!

Catch My Words said...

No, no, no. Not published--written. I wish they were published.

Catch My Words said...

Toronto and Montreal

Laeli said...

Hee Hee In your right mind. Well, that explains a lot about me then:P

Rhonda Albom said...

Nice to meet you - ;) You know what I like about this post, everyone can learn something new and interesting about you, even me. You left off that you are a wonderful friend :)

Petro said...

You never cease to amaze me, Joyce. You are probably the funniest woman I "know" but also can get really serious. You must be very well balanced :)

Binky said...

I have three siblings, too, and they're all much older than me!

Lovable Derek said...

Fascinating facts!
I never knew before that you're a well travelled American dog lover who leans to the left, is younger than everyone else who matters, and reads a lot.... Did I get that about right?
Have a great week!

Misha Gerrick said...

Excellent answers! But I thought the right side of the mind is the left... ;-)

Masshole Mommy said...

I'm with you - I love history AND beaches, and that is why I love living here in MA. I am right next to Plymouth & of course, Boston is rich in history. Sadly, we only have beach weather for 3 months out of the year, though.

With A Blast said...

Thank you for joining our let's Get Social Sunday party ! Hope to see you again next week :-)

Linda
With A Blast

Corinne Rodrigues said...

Great to know you better, Joyce. We're both in our right minds! ;)

brenda said...

I am pleased to meet you - officially that is... Congrats on completing five books. I've finished one full sized, and hoping to say published really soon so the second book can follow behind its sister. Now, are you sure you are in our right mind? :-)

stevebethere said...

That was interesting Joyce especially completing 5 books I hope one day they get published :-)

Have a good week ahead

Theresa Mahoney said...

It's always fun to learn a little more about our blogging friends! Sounds like you have been to some fabulous places. Wanna take me to one next time?

Anonymous said...

Left handed people are also statistically smarter than right handed so I don't want to go up against you on Jeopardy!

XmasDolly said...

First I want to thank you for stopping by today. I hope you had a good time. Not sure what to make of this Post. You totally lost me. Is it a get to know you Post? Are you a writer. Hmmm I better come back and read some more. Making supper right now. Wanna join us? hehehe Having Pork chops tonight! :)

adhi das said...

It was so nice to know something about u but as far I know ur writings are amazing & speaks high volumes that u r the owner of a good mind a loving mom & an interesting person. ur words keeps us glued to it..Best wishes for ur 5 books &God bless u to write more..Smiles:))Joyce Lansky.GOD<3U

Unknown said...

I love history and beaches too. So awesome to learn some new tidbits about you.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Theresa Wiza said...

Joyce, check out HumorOutcasts.com – they have two presses: one for humor, one for non-humor. The cost to publish is free. They take a large upfront % until the cost of printing is paid. Then the author's % increases significantly. Everything is spelled out on their site. You can also write humor for them. They don't pay anything yet (for humor contributions – not for books), but you'll get exposure – some of their writers are published authors and some of them write for television. I write for them occasionally too.