Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Peculiar Presents #AtoZ

The infamous "they" has always stated that it's better to give than to receive. I tend to agree with this because I've often had more fun in the planning and giving of presents than in actually getting them. My daughter Erica has also enjoyed gift giving adventures as demonstrated a few years ago when she and her two buddies gave Ben a gift of 520, er 517 pieces of bubble gum. They purchased a huge tub, opened it, each snatched a piece of gum out of the container, and corrected the amount with a Sharpie pen.

Rhonda's Blog - It's pretty darn funny!
My favorite gift giving experience happened back in college with my former roommate Rhonda author of http://www.laugh-quotes.com. She had a crush on a ZBT pledge who she had never actually met, and I snatched the opportunity to buy him for her at the fund raising pledge auction. I secured him for the bargain price of $5, placed a bow on top of his head, and sat him on her bed. Then I told Rhonda, "I have a present for you. It's on your bed."
Owner of Brahmas Pro Ice Hockey Team? 
Uh, er, Sorry Sir.

Can you spell a-w-k-w-a-r-d? That it was at first, and she wasn't letting me leave her with this one. So Mr. Cute Slave painted her nails and I can't remember what else. It was the eighties, and we were a lot milder with our slaves back then.

She got over her anger when she formed a friendship with the young man, and he asked her to the ZBT formal, but the slave purchase never went any further than that. I am glad to say that Rhonda has a wonderful husband and is happily blogging from New Zealand. http://www.laugh-quotes.com

And once the sun goes down, I'm ready to observe another thing that starts with the letter P- Passover. If you celebrate it, have a good one! 

This was only one of our many college adventures. I'll share another one in a couple of days for the letter R - Roommates; but, between now and then, we have a big, fat Q.

5 comments:

Rhonda Albom said...

Joyce, I must say, you were the best roommate, and that was the best ever present. I do remember the story and I even found the photo. I think he swept out our dorm room, but I am not really sure. LOL - I don't remember the part about being angry, but I am old now, so the details get fuzzy. Thanks. You are still an amazing friend, even if we live half way around the world from each other.

Catch My Words said...

I think it was mock anger rather than real anger . . . or maybe it was just plain shock!

I can't wait 'til the PCH truck pulls up to give me my NZ vacation money. You do live rather far away.

Catch My Words said...

Oh, and thanks for the picture!

Empty Nest Insider said...

Great story! I love hearing about all the crazy things we did in college. I'm sure Rhonda was a very good sport about it! Julie

Catch My Words said...

Rhonda was and is a great sport about everything. Hopefully she'll like my letter R - roommate story tomorrow.