Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Meme Express: Nonsense or Pat A Cake

This is an anniversary/going away cake!


Meme Express's word of the week is "Nonsense," and nothing is more nonsensical than the nursery rhyme Pat A Cake.

Pat a cake, Pat a cake, baker's man
Bake me a cake as fast as you can;
Pat it and prick it and mark it with a 'B',
And put it in the oven for Baby and me.

*First off, who pats cakes? The last thing I'd want to do is put my hands in gooey cake batter and pat it. I might pat sugar cookie batter, but not sticky cake.

*Secondly, if you bake a cake as fast as you can, it's not going to taste good. Cake takes time to rise. Haste makes waste, right? I sure don't want my baker rushing the job. 

*Finally, how are you going to mark it with a 'B' before you put it in the oven? Why mark it when babies can't even read? I don't know about you, but I use icing to label my cakes. 
 
If you ask me, this chant is 
NONSENSE.

18 comments:

Binky said...

Still, it's about a cake. So it has to be good!

Unknown said...

I never thought about the words that much!!
That cake is awesome!!!

Veronica Lee said...

Hmmm, food for thought! I won't pat a cake for sure!

TGIF, Joyce!

Z@KickingKilos said...

wow that cake is just too good to be true.

Theresa Mahoney said...

Most nursery rhymes are nonsense if you ask me. What about a dish running away with a spoon? Now that's nonsense!

mail4rosey said...

Most nursery rhymes are subject to question, including this one. :)

I'm posting on Firefox and everything is fine from here.

Unknown said...

hahah thats funny i never thought of it that way!

Delightful Ideas
No Bake Cake Pops Giveaway

Rocks said...

nyahaha!! funny :) an

stevebethere said...

I always sing that when I bake cakes ....(wink)


have a doughtastic weekend

Lucy said...

The cake looks good, never even thought about the nursery rhyme lol

Lucy from Lucy's Reality

Optimistic Existentialist said...

All I know is that I want to devour this cake!! :-)

Masshole Mommy said...

LOL, I never really thought of it that way, but now I am craving cake in the worst way.

Anonymous said...

I just looked it up. That's how it really goes. My, for all this time I thought it was "Patty Cake."

Robin said...

That is one amazing looking cake!

And it's NOT patty-cake? I've had it wrong all these years too I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

Oh please break your rules. I'm only home for twenty four hours and I'd like a rush order - devils food cake with cream cheese frosting. Slap on a B if you want to but, well, I'll wait at the door.

Margo Dill said...

As I think most rhymes are right? HOw about Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater? Maybe you should dissect that one next!

Unknown said...

Hi Joyce, just calling in from Wombania to see how you are getting along and what do I find? Wow a big yummy cake, I adore cake and this one looks highly tempting :)

Have a lovely rest of evening my friend and I hope that you don't mind me calling in for a peep of your Space? :)

Andro xx

Unknown said...

Hi Joyce, just calling in from Wombania to see how you are getting along and what do I find? Wow a big yummy cake, I adore cake and this one looks highly tempting :)

Have a lovely rest of evening my friend and I hope that you don't mind me calling in for a peep of your Space? :)

Andro xx