Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Friday, June 17, 2011

Meet Knob

Jeannie Campbell is hosting a blog hop and contest about getting to know our characters. So please meet the main character of my Work in Progress. Then you may buzz over to her site and meet other fictional people. How To Connect With Your MC


Knob's formal name is William Donald Donellson, but he received the nick name of Knob after Slater announced that his shaved hair made his head look like a door knob. Knob is a respectable name for an amazing, tough soldier. Unfortunately as the butt of the fifth grade, Wimpy Will has never felt like a tough anything.

Thanks for the interview. I'll answer the questions as best I can because I always do.

Question 1: What is your greatest fear? 

Gee, that's a tough one because I'm scared of everything. My brother died from falling off a bicycle and bleeding to death. I know, it sounds weird, but he had a disease called hemophilia and the doctors couldn't save him. Although I don't have the disease, you'd think I did by the way my mom hovers over me. I guess I'm scared of getting it. They say it's hereditary, so what happens if one day I catch hemophilia, start bleeding, and can't stop it?

Question 2: What is your biggest accomplishment?
I'm smart. Two years ago I won my age group in The Under the Arch Chess Tournament. I almost won again last year but a girl named Haley beat me. She's the only one who can beat me at chess, and I'm a little knock kneed at the thought of going up against her this year in the ten-year-old's category. Okay, I confess, I kinda like her, so scratch out my answer to question one. I'm most afraid of Haley--which is probably why I lost the tournament.
 
Question 3: What is your biggest regret?

I regret letting Randy bug me all the time in class. He always bullies me, but I've never stopped him because I'm kinda chicken. If I tell him to leave me alone, he might punch me, make me bleed, and do it in front of Haley. So on second thought, I guess I'm most afraid of Randy Butcher.

You didn't ask me what's been bugging me, but I'm going to tell you anyway. No one has gotten to meet me because my author has not gotten my story into query shape. It needs a lot of revisions. Here's the start of my story, MRS. ZIMMERMAN'S DONUTS by Joyce Paull Lansky. If you like it, tell your agent or editor friend about her because I want to be famous. Err, maybe not. It might be scary.



Mrs. Zimmerman's Donuts


            Every Friday after school, Harrison Zimmerman invited popular boys—not me, over for a stupid end-of-the-week celebration. His mom, the best chef in St. Louis County and co-founder of Zimmerman’s bakery, would fry up homemade donuts dipped in thick chocolate sauce. My mouth watered as we drove down Aberdeen Avenue and I breathed in the scent of those gooey pieces on a bed of powdered sugar.            
By the age of ten most guys had wolfed down seven-dozen pastries or more, but I’d never even tasted Mrs. Zimmerman’s donuts. I convinced myself that it was because my mom would’ve fallen into a tantrum at the thought of me swallowing anything slightly junky. She usually made a fuss over eating healthy as if my gut would explode if the tiniest bit of sugar or grease tickled my insides. But the real reason I’d never eaten the donuts—the fact that bothered me even more than Mom’s obsession over food, cleanliness, and safety—was that Harrison had never asked me to come to his stupid party. Actually, no one had ever invited me to go anywhere; but things were about to change.
  

That's what's been bugging me, but it's okay. Slater moved to town,
and he's going to help me be cool. See ya later.   ❧ Knob
                                                                


11 comments:

Misha Gerrick said...

Aw Knob sounds like a great kid. I hope he makes some good friends.

:-)

M Pax said...

Mmmm, donuts. Knob is a great nickname. It was fun getting to know him.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

*HUGS* Knob--William? I don't know which to call you. I had a nasty nick name stuck to me when I was young and I didn't like it. I'm sorry to hear that about your brother. I wish I could have you meet my son--he loves playing chess, too, but I be he's nowhere near as good as you.

Keep up the faith for your author, she'll have you out there soon, I promise!

--Joyce, wonderful! Thank you for participating <3

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

alexia said...

Really cute! Doughnuts, yum :)

Andrew Rosenberg said...

Hi Knob.
Don't worry about Haley, she don't got game.
Don't worry about the donuts either, I hear she makes them with spiders!
Thanks for sharing!

Christine Tyler said...

LOL. I love how Knob keeps coming up with new fears, especially Haley. This is too cute. Very interesting answer to #1 too!

Abhishek said...

Your name is cool!!! I mean .. the name book !!!


The way you have started the book is awesome!! May god help you to complete it soon and publish it soon!!

with warm regards
Another Author

Shannon Lawrence said...

Cute. Poor kid seems to have a lot to be afraid of. I hope things work out for him and he either gets the girl or beats her at chess. :)

Anonymous said...

Great entry! He's so sympathetic :)

Shelly Brown

Beth said...

Great interview, but you made me hungry w/ the donuts!!!
bethfred.com

Susan Kane said...

Cute guy...tormented about his brother, yet wanting the donuts. I hope he doesn't give in to 'being cool'.