Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Doubts

When thinking of what to write, I checked out Theme Thursday and saw the topic, "Doubts." Not knowing what to write, I stared at the word and came up with a definition for it. See if you switch the /U/ and /B/ in DOUBTS, you come up with the words DO BUTS. It's the perfect definition of the word. I'd do it, but . . .  See when you want to do something but the "but" gets in the way, it makes you doubt what you want to do. And if you continually doubt things, you have a lot of buts.

http://www.funbumperstickers.com/detail.aspx?ID=923

If you are laughing at the word "buts," you would fit with my fourth graders because they continually giggle whenever that conjunction pops up. Why is that?


20 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

LOL Do Buts! I have to admit this made me laugh :)

shelly said...

Bart Simpson's butt makes me laugh,

Binky said...

I'd rather have DO NUTS than DO BUTS. Especially with sprinkles.

An Apel a Day said...

I have boys. They laugh at any potty talk words. My oldest tends to sneeze and toot at the same time. That makes us all laugh.

Leovi said...

Very funny doubts, I mean the students buts!

Masshole Mommy said...

I have a 4th grader of my own and I don't get the whole potty talk thing, but he cracks up whenever I I say butt or poop - or anything bathroom related.

Jill Flinton said...

Amazing how you can turn a word into something else. But I totally agree...I want to do something BUT something else is in the way. Thanks for the smiles and giggles on the Thumping Thursday bloghop.

mail4rosey said...

Nice word spin. And I didn't laugh at the conjunction, but my husband and youngest son would have. ;)

Pat Hatt said...

haha never thought of that, darn those buts

LA Botchar said...

Do Buts! LOL
I'm totally 4th grade mentality today. I am blaming it on the head cold. and Bart. :)

Grace Grits and Gardening said...

You are too funny. I know your 4th graders love you.

Anonymous said...

I will never look at that word the same again.

Theresa Mahoney said...

There's just too much but talk going on here today hahaha. I remember wanting a shirt with that picture on it when I was in 4th grade. My parents put the nix on it real quick :(

LadyInRead said...

of course, this will have your class laughing (and much older kids too!!)
i was just working with anagrams too today on my post and yours definitely had me LOL...

Debbie D. said...

Love your play on words and it's so true! Doubt has put the kibosh on many a plan. The cartoon made me laugh. :D

Catch My Words said...

I did NOT show this post to my class. We were working with conjunctions in grammar and the word "but' came up.

Suzy said...

Loved the twist to the doubt. Enjoyed your fun post.

kaykuala said...

Hilarious, no buts here, just butts!
Nicely Joyce!

Hank

Jo said...

So I just learned I have a 4th grader's mentality! Okay, I'm good with that!
Love it...no butts!

stevebethere said...

LOL I never looked at doubts like that It's one of my pet hates when someone has a BUT after something grrr ;-)

I am a bit late this week Joyce no if's or buts just late :-)

We don't usually says butts here we say arse but I do get it ;-)