Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Blogging Lounge: Who Am I?

The new Blogging Lounge has asked us to answer the question "Who am I?". I don't want to bore followers, so here's a short tidbit.


In my youth, I looked like this: 



But now, I look like this:




Not really.

Let's try again. When super young, everyone told me I looked exactly like Shirley Temple. I had the curly bob and peppy spirit, too. I hated hearing that I resembled anyone but me; and she was actually cute, so imagine how I feel now.


As the years went on, a friend swore I was a dead ringer for Flashdance star Jennifer Beels. I liked that comparison. Of course my brother-in-law had to pop my bubble by telling me she's much prettier than me. Since he started dating my sister when I was only thirteen, he's always been more like an annoying, big brother. You should be lucky enough to have one.


Now, I constantly hear how I look like Bette Midler. No offense to this talented actress, but I don't think she's pretty, and would like to go back to looking like Jennifer, thank you very much; especially when a little girl jumps up and down in a restaurant while yelling and pointing, "You're the witch! You're the witch!"

I said, "I'll get you my pretty and your little dog, too!" Then cackled. 

That shut her up.
Of course, who I look like is pointless, because who I am has nothing to do with my looks. Plus, if you've followed my blog for any length of time and still don't know me, I guess you never will. I'm not one to stain the internet with stories about my abusive childhood, miserable marriage, or rat infested home. I can't do that because actually, it all was and is pretty good. That's why my life story would put you to sleep. So, instead of writing about my dull life, I invent book characters and abuse them. :)

30 comments:

Jo said...

And you made me snigger a bit...a good bit. Just adore your silly sense of humor. You are a beautiful soul, no question that that is who you am! Are. Is. Whatevs...

Unknown said...

That second picture made me laugh out loud! Great write - looking forward to reading more.

Catch My Words said...

Thank you, Jo. I'm glad you see me that way. Some days, I feel like only my dogs find me beautiful.

Catch My Words said...

Kelly, I laughed when I found it on the internet, too. I'm looking forward to reading you, too.

k~ said...

It has been so long since I have been out trolling around on blogs that I missed ya. Bette Midler? Nope, I don't see it, I think ya look just like you! Someone had to have a wonderfully boring life, I am glad it was you. :-)

Binky said...

Inventing characters is way more fun anyway. That way they do what you want them to do. Well, at least at first, until they start taking on a life of their own, the ingrates.

Amy Morgan said...

Since I've known you (a short time now from GBE2) I have always thought of you as the Queen of Humor, so long live the Queen! ;-)

Unknown said...

Love your wit and sense of humor. Why would you ever want to be anyone else? We love you just the way you are.

Margo Dill said...

Cute post! Next you should show us whom you sing most like. . .

Masshole Mommy said...

LOL, I love your whacked sense of humor and that's why I keep coming back :)

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Adore your sense of humor, Joyce! Thanks for the chuckle today and for your authenticity when writing. How refreshing!
Blessings!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

People tell me I look like Brad Pitt...without the looks and money and talent and fame.

mail4rosey said...

And it's probably really fun to create them!! :)

Agent 54 said...

In High School they said I looked like Joe Namath. They needed glasses.

eastcoastlife said...

hahaha.... you have a great sense of humour. I enjoy visiting your blog because you always cheer me up with your witty posts.

Wishing you a glorious 2014!!

eastcoastlife said...

hahaha.... you have a great sense of humour.

I enjoy visiting your blog because your witty posts never fail to cheer me up.

Wishing you a glorious 2014!!

Veronica Lee said...

You're funny and we ADORE you!

Have a great weekend,sweetie!

Jean Has Been Shopping said...

Hello my pretty!

Unknown said...

that's funny, joyce. you invent characters to abuse.....nice to be back, reading your stuff.

Rhonda Albom said...

Love your wonderwoman photos. Thanks for the laughs. You have always been prettier than Jennifer, and never been dull.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up Joyce. Funny post and I've seen your pic, so take it from me, you look just like you. Which is pretty damn nice.

Anonymous said...

Ha, I love you. I think you're wonderful. I've been told I look like various people over time as well, the latest Pink but I'm sure it's only because of the hair.

Anonymous said...

I hope my last comment went through, this thing flipped out on me. If it didn't I was just saying I love you!

Unknown said...

Wonderful.

Unknown said...

ANOTHER fabulous post. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Okay that second picture made me laugh. That's good. Great post for the new group. :)

Steven said...

Leave the staining of the internet to me....and you keep on writing funny posts. The world needs more light and brevity.

Peace Artist Lainey said...

Smiles...I have been likened to Fergie (Prince Andrew's ex wife) I wasn't overjoyed at that...think I would prefer Bette Midler....I have been known to have a nearly ginger frizz....I used also be called a children's tv character Crystal Tips....

Tai said...

This was so warm, funny, real and a joy to read. I'm glad you find life boring, I happen to think you are a hoot! Truly enjoyed reading this and so look forward to catching up on WHO YOU ARE! Great job!

Gattina said...

Looks like me (except the American flag)Sometimes I think I am sitting in an old shell and look out of two windows which are my eyes. Inside I haven't changed at all !