Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Blogging Lounge Photo Prompt: Rock Star


From the first time I strummed my Lil Tykes guitar, I knew I wanted to be a rock star, and it didn't end there. Come elementary school, the neighborhood kids and me formed our band in the front yard. We banged pots, pans, and anything else to make our music. From there, we played high school gigs and  dressed our way to fame.

Kids love our hair dye job. Each one of us has a unique color and style that makes an awesome rainbow when we get together. Ty's balloon shaped hair glows as red as Ronald the clown, while Keifer goes for neon blue feathers. Suse shines yellow sunbeams, while I grow the green leafy look. It came in handy today.

The old saying, "Watch what you wish for" is true. I wanted to be a star. Each night, I dreamed of being swooned over by an audience. But, no one told me how nuts our fan base would be. 

See, after we left stage this morning, a group of loose screws chased our limo. The driver swerved, we hit a wall, and the fans tore our doors off. 

All I could do was run. I headed to a nearby farm and ducked into this old wheelbarrow. As I hide in here, everyone will think my hair is a plant. I just hope those druggies don't pull out my locks and try to smoke me. 

Hey, Hey, I don't want to be a pop star!





Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava’s Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.






PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

19 comments:

Catch My Words said...

Jo has left a new comment on your post "The Blogging Lounge Photo Prompt: Rock Star":

Off the charts! You def NAILED it.
Now, take your meds and rest. <3

Journeys of The Zoo said...

I've never wanted to be a rock star for that exact reason. Besides, only 1 in a billion make it so I figured I'd go with better odds. I decided to work hard so that I could retire young. Looking pretty good so far.

Besos, Sarah
Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo

Journeys of The Zoo said...

I've never wanted to be a rock star for that exact reason. Besides, only 1 in a billion make it so I figured I'd go with better odds. I decided to work hard so that I could retire young. Looking pretty good so far.

Besos, Sarah
Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo

Unknown said...

Oh my Joyce - What can I say about this apart from "BRILLIANT" - Maybe Nickelback should've released this version rather than "Rockstar". Love It - Have a great week & Happy Music Monday xx

stevebethere said...

Your a star Joyce could I have your autograph please :-)




PS: commentluv I checked your comments the links you put in were pointing to an old WW post of yours from January 22 2013, I have edited them to point to this post, check your feed to see if it's updating hope this helps.

Binky said...

You just wanted to be a plant star.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! That was awesome!

LA Botchar said...

that was awesome fun!
pop tarts I call them. mostly sugar and not very filling :)

XmasDolly said...

Well, that was surely different that's for sure. Thanks for joining us and sharing your tune! YOU ROCK

Cathy Kennedy said...

You are just too funny, Joyce! I loved your intro leading up to today's "foodie" song pick. I'm def going to give you a shout out to this link on Friday Sillies really soon! Thanks for joining us on Monday's Music Moves Me!

Unknown said...

Ha! I love this! It's a very fun post and I thank you! :)

mail4rosey said...

lol, yep, careful what you wish for (sometimes). :)

Theresa Mahoney said...

Being a pop star sure doesn't sound easy. Though, I am sure you really rocked the colored hair!

Laura S Reading said...

What a brilliant selection this week!
I wonder why my small town conservative radio station has never played this song? So much better with the video.

And so timely with the Biebs in trouble!

Colette S said...

I was too shy to want to be in the spotlight. :)

A good selection!

Keep warm!

Raine said...

Hilarious end! Hope no fans found your hiding place and left you well alone that you manage to appear at your next gig unscathed. Cheers to dreams!

Helena said...

LoL.......I must play this back to my son's when they get in! They're both in bands that do not too badly on the Scottish Music scene.....this will put their gas at a peep!

Real fun post....!

Sofa King said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'm your newest follower!

Brenda Stevens said...

YOU CHICKEN?????????? nah Well you definitely rock on, hiding or not! :)