Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dear Younger Self

Ariana Browning, The Blogging Lounge, has asked us to post a letter to our younger selves. Actually, my younger self should write to me. After all, I'm the older one who deserves respect. But it wouldn't happen because she was too busy having fun being wild and crazy. She actually danced with a chair at a bar when no one else would get on the dance floor. She also threw a hat party in the 80s. Everyone wore odd hats to her apartment. I confess, she was way more fun than the old woman who writes memories on her computer. This young person would actually call people to make plans. The old lady is content to sit home and do nothing. 


Me on left and Rhonda on right


I could give the young one advice,–don't waste your money or drink the wine-but why bother? She'd never listen. Being social and having fun was all that mattered. It's interesting how having friends and going out has taken a back seat, today.

Furthermore, although fun, she was odd, too. It seemed that while everyone worked to fit in, she made sure not to and took pride in being different. Check out the shoes. I guess in some respects, she's still like that. However, life might have been easier had she chosen to go along to get along . . . but would it have been as much fun? 

Lastly, why didn't the young girl ever take pictures? Blogging would be much easier had she only used her camera more.



11 comments:

Jo said...

I always tell me people I don't have nearly enough pictures because I am way too busy living. I don't think that's a bad thing, but I should have taught my husband to take pics years ago, now he's reluctant and thinks he isn't good at it. But even bad pics would be better than none.

Jo said...

Ps...it's Ariana Browning...FYI. ❤️

k~ said...

I can bet you were a card Joyce. No doubt making sure you were a step out of the ordinary, ordinary would never suit you.

Binky said...

Young people never take the advice of their older selves!

Masshole Mommy said...

I say that to my husband all the time - if only I had known I was going to become a blogger, I would have been better about taking pictures when I was younger.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I have thought the same thing many times myself - that even if I could talk to my younger self, my younger self wouldn't listen anyway LOL

mail4rosey said...

Is that Rhonda who blogs (I think I read you were in college together?)? If so, you've been friends a long time, very cool!!

My daughter intentionally stands out and tries to be different too. But like you, she has fun doing it. :)

Grace Grits and Gardening said...

So much I'd say to my younger self. I wrote a blog post on this last year. I'll need to dig it up. Thanks!

LA Botchar said...

your younger version and mine probably would have got along great. or, got in a lot of trouble. ha

I would tell mine pretty much the same - nothing. Now is the time to spread your wings, try things on, and make your mistakes.
I would just advise, go ahead and fly = but don't ever forget your roots.

Rhonda Albom said...

Funny you mention the shoes, that was the first think that jumped out at me today. Although, it wasn't your shoes, it was my red shoes and white socks. What was I thinking.

BTW, You're still fun.

stevebethere said...

Well I think your still a lot of fun Joyce...so there :-)