Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sick of No Snow

I'm sick of no snow. The white stuff never sticks to the ground or whitens our world. We peer out the
window at drab, weedy grass. Every night, the news reports of the massive snow storms across the country, but nobody talks about us. The snow swept north across Missouri and blanketed Atlanta to the south. Even the Sunshine state saw white. It's as if there's a little ring of nothing surrounding Memphis, Tennessee.

It's the same pattern over and over again. Cold enough to change precipitation into a powdery white, but noooooo. Our skies are as dry as Gun Barrel City, Texas on a Sunday morning. As soon as the temperature rises above freezing, rain pounds the city. In fact, it pounded so hard at 33º, we figured it would ice over at night and keep us out of school. Ya think? The temp rose to the forties until all moisture was gone. Now, we're down to 23º. What's in store for the week? 



Cold enough to snow if it weren't for the sun symbol peaking out behind the clouds. When the temps drop that low, we might as well get snow and stay home. Precipitation will return as soon as the temperature warms up, and I will have to go to work another day.

It's not just kids who dream of snow days.

But wait . . .
     driving home from work tonight, I saw a few flurries.


    
             
                    It's already stopped, and this isn't pretty. :(





17 comments:

Unknown said...

I would gladly ship you all of our snow - we got about 13" and since the temps are in single digits and then all the way up to 20 for the next week or so, it won't be going away any time soon.

Binky said...

With that much snow on the ground you'd better call the National Guard!

Unknown said...

The grass is always greener -- or whiter in this case.

Masshole Mommy said...

We have about a foot on the ground here in MA and trust me, it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Rhonda Albom said...

I would imagine at least half of your readers will offer you some snow.

Grace Grits and Gardening said...

I would love to see a bit of snow instead of ice!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love snow!! Here in KY we have had the snowiest winter in years. But that likely means that next year will hold no snow :/

shelly said...

Summer will come!

LA Botchar said...

good news!
I got tons of Free Snow!!!
LOL
Just bring a pick up truck and a shovel, and it's all yours. ;)

Unknown said...

Joyce, I wish I could feel some sympathy but all I feel is envy. Snow days only apply to kids and school buses. The rest of us have to go to work... and shovel... and scrape... and freeze our butts off waiting for buses that don't show up. *Sigh* Can I switch places with you?

Catch My Words said...

Snow days also apply to worn out teachers. ;)

mail4rosey said...

hahaha, I can so not relate, not one ounce to this post. hahahahaha

Unknown said...

Be more than happy to send you some of the white stuff and some of the -30 to -40 degree temps we have been experiencing. Just so you don't feel like you are missing out! ♥

stevebethere said...

Looks like you will have to keep hoping Joyce, we have had nothing but heavy rain with a load of floods around the country although not in central London thankfully

I will keep everything crossed you get some snow LOL

Have a frostastic week ahead ;-)

Catch My Words said...

New prediction - 3-5 inches tomorrow. Wahoo!

Debbie D. said...

Pretty nippy weather for Florida! I'd be more than happy to ship you some of that crappy white stuff from Toronto. We have plenty to spare! :P Stay warm!

Theresa Mahoney said...

Snow sucks! I read we were the 9th hardest hit city in the whole country. I've had enough damn snow to last a lifetime.