Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Monday, July 31, 2023

Musical Monday Moves Me with Amber Songs

Last summer, we rescued our sweet baby. My husband wanted a small dog, which she was when we adopted her. We were told she was a year old, so 40 pounds seemed like her limit.
We were wrong. She kept growing and growing until she reached 60 pounds.
But that's okay, because we love big dogs, too. She's almost as big as our Benny.
She is 54% German Shepherd, 30% Grand Perinees, and 16% Boxer.
There are two songs I think of when it comes to Amber. The first one is about the first time I saw her in the packed kennel. They were filled to capacity. Although unlike the song, I knew exactly what to do. Unlike James Blunt in "You're Beautiful," I'd always be with her.
If you saw a face like that, could you walk away without her? For $18 we got the dog, all of her shots, spay services, a tag, chipped, collar, and leash. If you don't have a dog, there are plenty who would love to go home with you at the shelters. Sakura? We changed her name.
The next song, I sing when I put her collar back on when I release her from her cage when I come home. She still chews like a puppy and is also an advid reader who has torn through a few of my books. However, Carly Simon said it best when she sang, "You Belong to Me" because this beautiful dog is mine. :)

9 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

She looks like a great dog

Cathy Kennedy said...

Joyce,

Puppies can grow into something you weren't expecting but doesn't mean you love them any less if not more. She's a pretty girl. I'm glad y'all found her. Thanks for joining the dance floor, my friend. Have a boogietastic week! xo

Binky said...

I'm sure she'll be very happy with you two.

csuhpat1 said...

Looks like an amazing dog and great songs.

XmasDolly said...

Love the way you put the songs in accordance with your puppy! He is adorable! We get our dogs at the shelter too! That's where we got our Charlie (black lab). We always get labs. So far we've had yeah, Charlie is the 4th one, but it sure is hard when they get old. I wish they could live forever with me. I'll put a pic up next week if you'd like to see him (if I remember haha). Have a great week my friend!

Birgit said...

Oh man...look at her face! She is such a sweetie and loves to be cuddled. Rescue dogs are the best...any dog or animal is. Love the songs especially the Carly Simon song.

messymimi said...

She's precious, i'm so glad you have each other now.

willowdot21 said...

What beautiful dogs you have we love dogs too. You played two of favourite songs too 💜💜

Alana said...

What a sweetheart, I knew the Carly Simon song. I haven’t heard it in years so thank you for sharing.The other song was new to me.