Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Song That Doesn't Represent my Life

Last Thursday, Suzy asked fellow bloggers to share songs that represented our lives. If I were to do that, you'd probably fall asleep reading my post. I figured it would be more fun to play a song that DOESN'T represent me and to participate in the wonderful Musical Monday on a Silly Sunday!

Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

When I was in third grade, I wore a bikini that actually looked cute covering my undeveloped chest and showing my flat little girl stomach; however, since those days, I wouldn't be caught in one. First off, I'm short wasted and look better in a one piece. Secondly, I've become a prude who doesn't like looking sexy. And finally, when I last wore a bikini, I got myself in trouble. 

I know that sounds hard to believe when we're talking about an eight-year-old, but let me explain. Back in the day, we played a hose game called Filling Station. Kids would dart around in swim suits, wait in line to grab the hose, stick it in swim suit bottoms to fill up the car and continue running again. Sounds like a totally innocent kids' game, doesn't it? It was! Never-the-less, when my brother pulled out the home movies and captured me sticking a hose down my pants, I never heard the end of it.

That's why I switched from bikinis to one-pieces. I didn't want to be tempted to stick a hose down my pants again!


Enjoy this retro song written by Brian Hyland and sung by Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.




Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.



PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

35 comments:

mail4rosey said...

One can never be too careful about these things, LOL!

stevebethere said...

LOL nice fun story, I am so relieved that you have got out of the putting hose down pants phase ;-)

Have a fantastic hosedownpantsless Sunday Joyce :-)

Unknown said...

Brothers! They never let go....making us relive those times, embellishing to enhance our embarrassment! Wasn't innocent youth just the very best??!! Thanks for sharing, I got to go back in time for a moment myself.

shelly said...

Very funny. I never did fun and silly things like that. My mother would've killed me.

Sandee said...

I never played that game. Bwahahahahahahaha. I did have a yellow polka dot bikini though.

Have a terrific Silly Sunday. :)

Jackie said...

LOL...brothers can be such a pain huh? I know my sister-in-law's have a ton of stories about my hubby being a little monster.

Don't feel bad. I haven't seen myself in a bikini since I was 12!

Happy Sunday Joyce!

Mary Hudak-Collins livingthescripture.com said...

How funny! I haven't heard this song in like, forever! It certainly brought a smile to my face as I remembered back when I first heard it. Your story is cute. Incredible the things we do as youngsters that come back to haunt us one day...even as innocent as they might be :) Thanks for sharing ♥

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Are those home movies still around or did they meet an untimely demise?

Anonymous said...

That's a blast from the past.

Funny story.

Masshole Mommy said...

Oy, brothers......

I haven't heard this song in YEARS! Thanks for bringing me back.

Rhonda Albom said...

I can see where that would be far too tempting. Thanks for the laugh.

Lorinda J Taylor said...

I'm not ashamed to say that that song was first popular when I was in high school! It was used on a TV commercial not too long ago, but I forget what it was advertising.

Anonymous said...

i always liked that song

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

The first time I remember swimsuit shopping was with my mother, back in the days when saleswomen went around and picked things out for you and brought them to you to try on. I was like 6 at the time, maybe no more than 8, and the woman brought me a bikini w/a padded bra! I handed it right back to her...which is, I suppose an old-fashioned version of "Oh NO you didn't!" *LOL*

Following from Let's Get Social Sundays!

Miranda Hardy said...

That's a great story.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a bikini now either. lol

Unknown said...

Oh, I remember those dates if wearing bikinis. But after 7 children, those days are gone!
Thanks for stopping by my blog...SearchWithVonni
~Vonnie

Suzy said...

Haven't heard this song for ages. Thanks for sharing.

Corinne Rodrigues said...

Love this version of the song, Joyce. I'm having visions of you running around with a bottom full of water! ;) I think I'll always associate this song with you from now on! ;)

Raine said...

Oh boy, a hilarious sight and I'm sure there something in your home movies that your brother doesn't want to get shown at the annual family reunion. Hehehe, so bad. heheh. Happy MM.

MaxGXL Seller said...

Made me laugh! Love Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, cute vid! Bikinis are now a no-no for me too! I know how that feels :D

Paula Martin said...

My days of wearing bikinis are long since gone!
And I remember the original version of the song, back in 1960!

Anonymous said...

I used to dance to this song when I was still a little girl...thanks for the reminder :)

Paula said...

Hilarious!
And btw, you were supposed to bring the chips Joyce!

Unknown said...

Like you, I wouldn't be caught dead in a bikini! LOL Great song! ♥

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Now, that's a lesson learned! And, it's one-piece for me, all the way, especially at my age. This grandma knows the importance of modesty. :)
Cute post!

Binky said...

No matter what, brothers are always there to make fun of you.

Stacy Uncorked said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA! "Filling Station" - that is way too funny! :) Thanks for the giggle - and the fun song! ;)


Gimmie That Girl, my Honey Bee, She’s Everything – Bless The Broken Road because these Little Moments Felt Good On My Lips

Artsnark said...

classic story - I remember playing that too. Thank goodness no one bothered filming :)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I just really lized I haven't heard the song "yellow polk-a dot bikini" in years!!

Cathy Kennedy said...

This is such a cute song! Thanks for joining us on the virtual dance floor at Monday's Music Moves Me!

Unknown said...

Hi there, I did so enjoy this post! A cute story, and Memory Lane for me! I actually danced to this tune in the 60s! I'm afraid I was all grown up by that time, attending University and everything! But it was fun and especially to watch the video with all the scenes of "yesterday"! Thanks for this, I think I needed it to cheer me up!

Anonymous said...

I'm a bikini girl, one pieces make my hips too too big. I remember going to the beach and we'd fill our suits with sand and have droopy butts, we did the hose thing too but thankfully don't have video of it!

Colette S said...

This is such a fun song!
Thanks for sharing and rocking with us.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Jenn said...

You are too funny!! :D

Mystery Man said...

awesome song from when they really knew how to make music (no matter how cheesy the songs could be). thanks for sharing!