Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Silly Sunday: Dog Does Float Trip

"The Swaz" 1998-2011
Year's ago, we took the Swaz on a float trip down a Tennessee river. Our large golden retriever "enjoyed" a day which probably haunted him into old age. First, we paddled through floating grass, but the dog thought it was the real thing as he stepped out of the canoe and dove head first under water. We struggled to pull the front end of this massive beast out of the river because his back legs were lodged in the boat, and he'd drown without our help. That was our warm up.

Later, we tipped in rapids that left us in panic once we brought our heads to the surface. Swaz was nowhere to be seen. Finally, my husband lifted the canoe to find our baby paddling underneath it. Upon seeing Mitchell, Swaz panicked as he climbed on top of Mitchell's shoulders continually trying to get higher out of the water. We should have charged admission to laughing observers on shore. If you decide to take your dog floating, beware.

14 comments:

Langley Cornwell said...

Awww, I have such a visual image of that dog paddling underneath the canoe. The Swaz sounds like he was a real trooper.

stevebethere said...

Sounded like fun well now but not at the time heheh! although imagining it as I read it was thinking worthy of a comedy sketch.

Have a paddle and float free Sunday ;-)

Rhonda Albom said...

I almost feel guilty for laughing at your poor dog. Happy Silly Sunday :)
Great story.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Retrievers are usually more graceful in water than that...

Masshole Mommy said...

Poor Swaz - at least he was ok, right? And you ended up with an interesting story to tell.

Noor Unnahar said...

Oh ho , so sad . But it's true to keep your pets away from those locations .
Noor @ Noor's Place
Join My Giveaway

Theresa Mahoney said...

Awww, poor Swaz! I can just see him clinging to hubbies shoulders for dear life! I bet he never went near a boat again.

mail4rosey said...

Awww, it's not funny but I couldn't help laughing. I guess all's well that ends well, yes? :)

Unknown said...

Poor Swaz! Too much excitement for him. Great story!!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Kera @ Nugget On A Budget said...

Awe I could just picture it! What a cutie boy. From your story, it sounds like he had a really fun and adventurous life :) I have a soft spot in my heart especially for dogs.

Binky said...

He probably told all the neighborhood dogs that you tried to drown him!

Jenn said...

Oh...poor Swaz... poor Mitchell!! Still can you blame Swaz? That grass had water in it!! Beautiful dog btw!

Cheers, Jenn

Anonymous said...

Glad you all survived your 'vacation'! LOL Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

I used to have a Siberian Husky and that dog loved water. He would go rafting with us in Colorado all the time. We would go to Class 3 and 4 rapids and he would sometimes jump out to swim through them. I was always scared he would drown in the rapids but Czar (the dog's name) negotiated them better than we did in the raft!