Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

From Goalie to Graduate

The Cutest Goalie Ever
In soccer (of futball for you European types) we call them keepers. These are the brave souls that stand in front of a net and ask for a pounding. If that ball happens to miss them, they eagerly jump in front of the bullet to take the full impact. Ouch! This wouldn't be so bad in the powder puff league, but has anyone seen the men play? You couldn't pay me to stand in that goal.

All of my kids played soccer at one time or another, but only my youngest ever played goalie. She was a little tyke who was supposed to stop powder puff balls. Unfortunately, the last time she played keeper, the ball rolled past her because she was on all fours picking flowers. So she doesn't know how to be a goalie, but she does know how to be a graduate. I'm so proud of my baby who just graduated high school with an honors diploma!

My baby's a high school graduate!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful...and bittersweet, I'm sure.

Catch My Words said...

I'm going to miss her something awful! My husband and I are looking at each other and saying, "What are we supposed to do now?"

Unknown said...

A wonderful day to celebrate your grown up tyke's big day! Congratulations. Thanks for following my blog.

Tony Payne said...

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation.

Rhonda Albom said...

Wow, how can she be old enough to graduate High School. Congrats.

AngelaK said...

Congratulations!