Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Monday, May 16, 2011

Nah, I Won't Do That (Laughter is the Best Medicine)

Since I messed up and posted my O before my P,  I figured I could do it again with the Laughter is the Best Medicine Blog Hop. I could have called this post, Monday Hop, Laughter is the Best Medicine, or anything else now that I've set the pattern of not knowing the alphabet backwards, but it's time for N so, Nah, I won't do that.

I'm supposed to make folks laugh by blogging jokes about myself, but there is nothing about me that anyone could ever make fun of. Let's face it, I have perfectly friendly hair that reaches out to greet anyone within a foot of me. I can take a lock, wrap it around a finger, and make a perfect curl. If I don't like the direction of the curl, I just flip it the other way. It bends and stays just like a pipe cleaner. But that's not all. My hair has the magical ability to change colors every few months. Not many can do that.

Even my skin is welcoming with friendly zits that come out to say "hello" right before a major event. Yes, I am the world's oldest teenager. I bet not many women pushing fifty can brag about acne! Did I say fifty? Uh, let's make that thirty.
This is my soul

But forget about my looks. The eyes are the windows to the soul, so let's see what my soul is about. In Sharon Creech's novel, "Walk Two Moons," the teacher asked the kids to draw a picture of their soul. Here is mine:

Need I say more. Now that you've seen my soul, you know that there is nothing funny about me. I am a totally serious teacher who is about to go crazy now that it's May and the kids have quit thinking because to them school is out. So what does your soul look like. Do you dare share??



15 comments:

Rhonda Albom said...

Thanks for sharing your soul. As for you being perfect, well ... as your former roommate ... I would have to agree. I am doing the blogfest too :)

Catch My Words said...

As my former roommate, you have a God awful memory, but thanks anyway.

BTW I am doing blogfest because you told me about it on your site. Thanks, Rhonder!! :)

Anita Grace Howard said...

LOL! You are so clever! :D

Totally empathize w/your teacher pain. I used to work at a middle school library and remember vividly how the kids would get this time of year.

May the farce be with you. Heh

Lydia Kang said...

Your soul needs to be up in the Museum of Modern Art. Great post for the blogfest, thanks so much for joining us!

Precy Larkins said...

Hehe. That's a quirky soul. Hey, I love quirky things. You're off to a good start ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello new here!

Ooooo witty humor! Thanks!

Ella said...

Think Pablo Picasso; lol

M Pax said...

lol Witty, indeed. Them fluctuating hormones give me breakouts, too. Damn hormones.

erica and christy said...

This is the best! My hair is too short to reach anything. I have acne issues and I'm well into my thirties. (I doubt it'll clear up even when I'm in my seventies, but I'm hopeful.) I teach elementary school and my blog partner teaches preschool and we messed up the alphabet three times (going forward) during the April A-Z challenge! And I'm totally with you on the May thing and students checking out thing. Only I'm a bit behind so I'm frantically trying to keep them with me before final assessments next week! Christy

Wendy Lu said...

This is ironic--I just popped a major pimple right before reading this...not kidding. It's okay, I have many other perfections, such as my lines (and by that I mean my eyes).

~TRA

http://xtheredangelx.blogspot.com

Catch My Words said...

Thanks to all for stopping by. @Red Angel - I hope we don't get an earthquake on the other side of the world from your pimple popping. It's the butterfly effect.

LTM said...

your soul made me laugh! And we have the same hair!!! Mine's currently knotted back, but you know. Turn it loose, and look out!

That in itself is funny~ Thanks for playing!

PK HREZO said...

You know, I'm 3 years away from 40 and I still get acne too. It amazes me. Sometimes I think I'm cursed. Good to know I"m not the only one. :)

Ginger said...

Yeah, I thought I was well over acne too but here I am still picking zits. Your soul looks sunny and shy :)

Unknown said...

Very cute. You're a wonderful storyteller. :)

~Melissa