Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fast Food

Being hungry, I treated myself to a stop at Burger King and ordered a Whopper Meal instead of the Whopper Junior Meal. After I told the lady what I wanted, she asked, "Small, medium, or large?" She should have said, "Do you want large, humongous, or disgusting!" There is no such thing as small when it comes to American fast food.

1,010 Calories
As any carb counter knows, 45 carbs per meal is about what we should consume. Sixty is okay, any more than that is too much. My "small" Whopper Meal consisted of a Whopper, fries, and a Diet Coke. Whew! Thank God my Coke was diet.

As I check the Burger King website, I see that I consumed  . . . HOLY SH*T!! Calories: 1010! Fat: 57 grams! Carbohydrates: 95 freaking grams! Like that's two meals in one. Like that's an entire day's worth of calories. Like that's a heart attack. I don't feel too well.

Now mind you, this was the "small"meal. Had I supersized . . . 1110(med)/1210 (lg) calories; 62(med)/67 (lg) grams of fat; 107(med.)/120 (lg) grams of carbs! Why would anyone ever need to super size a fast food meal? And to think, Burger King is flame broiled. Other places might be worse.

Burp! It was good but after looking at the carbs, I think I'll need to give up this yummy pleasure. Today is our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary. I hope my husband isn't planning on taking me to Burger King.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Amazing the calorie content in fast food meals, eh? Mind boggling! I am doing the WW thing and we talk about how a meal at one of those places is well over our daily point quota for the day. I agree that it tastes delicious but at what cost? And why do they have to supersize stuff? Isn't it big enough already?

Congrats on your anniversary, Joyce! Have a few carrot sticks and salad and think of me. Hahaha! Just kidding! ;)

Anonymous said...

That's too funny that you posted about that! I just ate there yesterday and had actually been thinking about all the calories I had just consumed!

Anonymous said...

First of all, happy anniversary! Twenty-five years...how wonderful! ♥

As far as the burger meal, holy crap!!! Cheeseburgers are my biggest weakness--I have a soft spot for Culver's, especially--but man, the stats on a fast food meal is eye-opening.

I wrote about food today, too. Must be that kind of an F-day. ;O)

MommyDigger.com said...

Happy Anniversary! Oh my goodness on the calories in a whopper, eek!!!

I'm a new follower from the Whimsical Wednesday Blog Hop!

Please stop on by and follow me at http://www.mommydigger.com and say hello :)

Grace said...

Happy Anniversary!
LOL I hope he doesn't take you to Burger King. I use to get one of those cranberry/walnut salads but they don't have those anymore. Probably too healthy :)
I coming over and joining you and your GFC from the Whimsical Wednesday
Good luck with supper ;0

Catch My Words said...

Thanks to everyone for stopping by! We're going to Ruth Chris' Steak House once the sirens stop sounding the tornado warnings in our area. Hopefully there aren't as many calories in that meal!

Lisa Weidknecht said...

Hopping by to follow you! Come follow me too?

Empty Nest Insider said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoyed Ruth Chris and didn't worry about the calories. My favorite thing at Burger King are the chocolate shakes, another lo-cal item! Julie

Rhonda said...

Some how I don't think you would have made it to 25 years if hubby thought Burger King was an appropriate place to take you for such a significant event. Happy anniversary :)

Catch My Words said...

We celebrated our 24th by ordering Dominoes. We splurged and got cheesy rolls. On a side note, we were in Charleston helping Daniel move into his apartment and ordered the meal to be delivered there.